Taurus PT-145 or Mil Pro PT-111

Bullrock

A little over a month ago I ordered a PT-145 from my local dealer. They're backordered. I wanted the 145 for summer carry, and don't want to wait much longer.

I was looking forward to carrying a .45. Will the Mil-Pro PT-111 serve me just as well???:confused:

Trip20

I have the PT111SSP-12. It's been great so far (I've only got about ~600rnds through mine). Same design & ergos; its just 9mm and a 12+1 capacity instead.

As long as you don't mind the 9mm catridge, I don't see why you wouldn't be happy with a 111.

I'm no crack shot, but I'm shooting my PT111 ok:
attachment.php

stick1432

I am very happy with my mil pro pt-111 ss. No FTF or FTE during break in and just used it for ohio ccw training.It may not have the stoping power of 45 but i like have better control plus i thought my wife would use it.

Edison

The good thing about the Millenium Pro line is that they're nearly identical in size. I can use the same High Noon IWB holster for both my 145 and 111 Mil Pros.

edison

Lou22

I love my PT145 Mil Pro, but also feel comfortable carrying 9mm in another make. I think you will be happy with either Taurus.

Lou

Bullrock

Thank you all!

I'm disappointed I can't get a 145. My dealer had changed the order to the Mil-Pro 9mm...:eek:

RoSAR1

I was disappointed with my taurus experience. I felt that the case the gun came in was cheap, the foam wasn't attached to the inside so it fell out every time you opened it. The gun only came with 1 magazine. I traded it in on my first glock and the difference was noticable right away. I pay attention to detail and I think that can show you a lot about a company and their attention to detail as well. Just my .02

Last edited:

kirkcdl

I bought a PT745 single stack,the grip just felt better to my hand.There doesn't seem to be any shortage of those...:D

Krkucin

For a CCW the .45 would be a better bet. I would go with a gun other than a Taurus though. Maybe an SA XD or a Glock.