Taurus PT 145, Millennium

Darkangel

Hello

Would like some information about this weapon. It seems like a perfect carry weapon. 23 oz, 10 rounds of .45, none snag sights............and the price is real nice at below $350.00.
I would like a responce opnion from anyone who own one, or has shot one.
thanks for your help
DA:D

gunny6

You are right, it looks like the perfect carry 45. I also had to have one. Took it to the range, fired 50 rounds PMC ball, 20 rounds 200gr. SWC, feeds them all just fine, BUT.........
The Darn Trigger is one of the worst I have ever used, striker fired so ain`t nothing to be done about it....
I guess if you have strong hands and fingers you could handle it, but this old man sold it the next day...........

gunny6

May be you could do a bit of polishing or the draw bar and other internal parts to slick it up some, but you still have the striker spring to over come. You could start cutting coils off the spring, but that would lead to failure to fire.
I really thought it was the perfect carry gun, but my old hands were not up to the task, ended up the shooting session using left and right trigger fingers together to fire it. Needless to say accuracy went bye-bye.............

Drakejake

I fire a 20 oz. Republic Arms Patriot .45 and do not find this to be unpleasant at all. It also uses a striker instead of a hammer. Taurus has promised to issue the 145 in titanium and 17 oz. That would be interesting to fire if they ever actually produce this pistol.

Drakejake

Darkangel

Thank you for the responces.....I'm wondering if this weapon still isn't a bad Idea for CCW, mainly for its weight, DA ability, 10 round mag. Even though the trigger is not great, is it a consideration for this one job. Has anybody tested the Para Ord. LLDA, about the same size but 30 oz. Thanks for any responces.
DA