Taurus PT-111 Range Report

Bullrock

:mad: :mad: This is the worse trigger I have ever experienced! I shot this Tauri outside at 25'. The first time I pulled the trigger, nothing happened. I checked the chamber and it was ready. I pulled the trigger again, and nothing happened!

On the third pull the dam thing went off. Then I discovered the trigger needed to be pulled waaaay baaaack to the guard. The trigger pull was loooong and gritty to the extent I couldn't judge the break.

My first (12 round) mag. was a disaster with only one hit. I had an accident, and put one dead center. I went through 8 mags with 2 or three more hits before I gave it up.

What a nasty little gun! Maybe I just got a lemon. The triggers on my other Tauri are fine. Go figure... It did feed very well using 124Gr. fmj's. no FTE's in 96 rounds. I'm going to reconsider using this as a carry. I can't hit the broad side of a barn door with it.:mad: :mad:

Blade37db

May I offer a suggestion? Take a few (double action) revolvers out with you the next time you shoot the PT111. Shoot the revolvers first. The pick up the PT111. It's only then that I begin to like the long (but light) trigger pull.

BUCKMARK

I had a PT-111 for about 2 months.

My wife bought it for me for Christmas a few years ago. A dealer talked her into it as "being as good as a baby Glock only cheaper".

The trigger was almost as good as my Craftsman staple gun.

From a rest at 5 yards you could hit a phone book about 40% of the time. Nobody I handed it to could hit anything with it.

I took it apart to see what I could do with it, and found that the guts were pure junk. I wanted nothing to do with it.

I traded it on a Colt 1911 and never looked back.

I still own 2 Taurus wheel guns...but never again will I own a Taurus auto.

Rusty Jr

The long DAO trigger just may not be for you. I've never had a problem with my PT-111, PT-145, or my constant summer carry PT-745. The pulls are long, but no where near like that of a Kel-tec, never could get used to that pull.

I've heard several say that their new PT-111 has a DA/SA trigger, like the 24/7 models. You might like one of those better.

Topthis

Hey Bullrock...I thought that you considered yourself LUCKY if you were able to hit the Broadside of a Barn Door!! Lol!

Trip20

Sorry to hear your unhappy with your purchase. I was hoping you'd be happy after such a long wait. I'm also suprised your trigger pull is gritty. Mine is as smooth as silk, though admittedly long (and relatively light).

I am not that good of a shot with pistols in general (i.e., 1 ragged hole groups), and I'm shooting my PT111 very well.

Oh well. Either give it time, trade it in for a new one in hopes of getting a better trigger, or get something else.

Bullrock

Hey Trip, You're right I waited a looong time for that pistol. I had a PT-111 Mil-Pro 2+ years ago. It had a very nice trigger, and I was pretty accurate with it.

I traded well over a year ago because it was just hanging out gathering dust. I guess it's just one of those times we all kick ourselves for giving up a winner...

EDIT: The only positive note about this purchase is TopThis is still laughing!!!

ShelbyV8

My PT145 has a better trigger than my Colt Python, but I know how to shoot double action. I think I heard a lot of video game comments above.