Taurus PD POLY question.

seeker_two

I'm eyeing the PD POLY in. 410/.45LC, & I have a question about its construction....

How is the polymer "attached" to the steel frame of the gun? Is it bonded onto it like a finish, or is it attached like a pickup truck bedliner...with gaps that can allow moisture to get in and corrode?....

Thanks in advance for your answers....

9mm

I never thought of it, maybe its the same as the LCR? I found a good one at a gun show once, very tight lock up.

Cheapshooter

I'll really have to get mine out of the lock box in the truck and look carefully. It isn't real obvious as far as gaps, or seams. I did read somewhere that the "key" for the hammer lock appears to fit the screws that the person thought held the two halves of the polymer frame together.
Never has been a concern of mine on this 100%, reliable, and accurate firearm!

Cheapshooter

OK, took a good look. Yes there is what I would call a seam between the steel subframe below the cylinder window, and the polymer frame above the trigger guard. Also around the subframe in the back of the cylinder window. BUT, it is a tight fit, and I don't see how it would allow moisture to seep into the workings of the gun any more than the relatively large "slots" for the trigger, hammer, and other working parts of any revolver.