Taurus Model 85 Grips?

defjon

Hey all,

I got a little taurus model 85 a year or two back. It's a good, solid little pistol. I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find some alternate grips for it. It came wearing the standard taurus interpretation of a hogue grip, and I much prefer wood grips of some kind. In local stores around here (IL), all they seem to have for the J-frame taurusi are actual hogue grips, which I'm not looking for. I don't like the black rubber grip look on the black gun. My fiancee also finds the grip just too fat to comfortably get a hand around during recoil, and I'll admit, it is pretty ungainly in the web of the hand.

Anyone know where to get some wood grips (aftermarket, whatever--- long as they aren't POS!) for an older model blue steel taurus 85 snub??

JR47

Kim Ahrends makes a slim boot grip for the little Taurus. I think that they're called Boot Grips, or Secret Service grips. Do a Google for him. While not in the $25.00 catagory, they are first rate grips.:)

Gazpacho

The Grips4Guns sight Wiley listed has some nice grips for the Taurus small frame revolvers. I have the Rosewood bootgrip on a model 85 and the Rosewood oversized finger groove grips on a model 850 and 94.

joab

I have a set of original grips from a CH 85 you can have
They aren;t new but I don't think they are too ugly

They look like these
taurus85ch.jpg

haymaker

I also have an older Taurus 85 stainless. It has the original factory wood grips but they don't accommodate a speed loader. Does anybody make grips for the 85 that are speed loader friendly?

I've been a lurker for several months but just registered. This is my first post. Thank you for your input.