Taurus Millenium Pro pt 140 sights?

cen

I enjoyed putting about 150 shells through my new Taurus yesterday and had not shot more than a clip or 2 since I got it in Sept. No failures at all, with both FMJ and HP ammo. Cor-Bon HP's were noticable hotter than FMJ's and more accurate. I discovered the gun was shooting very low. I had to go about 5 yards away from the target to figure this out. I finally had all 11 shots in a 10" circle at 25 yards, but I was using the top of the paper to sight at, not the target at all. I know this make has "fixed sites" but is there anything I can do to possibly raise the back sight, as I think this would lift the barrel when I would be sighting on a normal plane. Can you make a "shim" for under the back sight, or try to file down or get a smaller front site? Finally, does anyone know of a aftermarket adjustable rear sight to fit this gun? Many thanks to all.

Dave R

On my PT-145, which I assume has the same sights as your PT-140, the rear site screws off. So...

Worst case is, you could make a shim to fit under it. The height limit is whatever the length of your screw will allow.

Better case would be if Taurus made rear sights (or front sights) of different heights. I dunno if they do or not.

BTW, a shorter front sight would also move your point of impact up.