Taurus Mill. Pro 9mm vs Beretta PX4 Sub Compact 9mm

Bullrock

:eek:I've fired them all, no brag, just old age, and I'll swap that with most of you 25 year olds who have only fired 2 to 3. Getting old "Sucks" being old really "Sucks."

Several years ago I sold my entire, sizable gun collection due to ill health. What a mistake!

So now I'm going to buy one more gun before I call it quits. Here's what I'm contemplating, and your help and advice is appreciated in advance. I am going to purchase either a Taurus Millenium Pro 9mm, or a Beretta PX4 Sub 9mm.

I have owned the Mill Pro 9mm, but it was probably one of the earlier versions. I remember the gun being small, lightweight, and so-so accurate.

I have owned the full size PX4 9mm, and it was one of the best shooters I've ever fired. Now I understand there is, or has been, quality control issues and unhappyness with Beretta's Customer Service.

I can purchase the Mill Pro for $345 including shipping, and the PX4 sub compact 9mm for $456 including shipping.

I plan to use my next gun for some plinking at the range in the woods, and self defense. With money now an issue at my age, my heart wants the Beretta, but I could save $100 on the Taurus.

What do you guys think?

Ozzieman

Being in the post AARP age myself (But not a member) one question I have is why a sub compact instead of a full size? I find full sized guns easier to shoot as long as the magazine well isn’t too big.
I have owned the Beretta PX4 Sub but kept my Beretta Cougar 8000 and sold it off. For a compact I have a Glock 26 which I think is a better carry gun but (I’m going to say a bad word here,,, Glock should offer a manual safety) it has some negative issues.
For me the decision is easy, with your success with the Beretta, that is the one to go for and I have not heard or read any issues with any of the PX4’s. I have owned several Taurus wheel guns (only 1 now) and it’s not a manufacture that I would recommend to a friend.
As someone else termed it, Taurus does have a life time warranty,,, just not too sure if it means they will repair it for the life of the gun or it takes a life time to get it fixed.
I am a fan of Beretta, that I will admit, but in the 30+ years I have been a serious collector I have owned 7 Beretta autos. None of them have ever had a failure or breakdown so I have never needed there service.
To me, Beretta is well worth the +100$
Now I would like to make a suggestion on another gun. When the PX4 came out which was not that long after the Cougar came out and the rush for plastic guns hit the market the Beretta Cougar sales tanked. Beretta sold all the manufacturing equipment to Stoeger industries and they continued to produce the Cougar in all its variations including a sub compact 9mm.
Although the SRP is the same as the PX4 your looking at they are normally 75 to 100$ less. The guns that Stoeger is putting out are very good guns, as good as Beretta’s.
http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/stoeger-cougar.php

Last edited:

chadk7

I have a milpro 9mm. It has been 100% flawless, and as you said it is an accurate gun. I have been very happy with it. That being said, I'm not going to deny that the beretta is probably the better quality weapon out of the 2. It will probably have a better resale value as well if you ever get in a tight spot with cash again.

Bamashooter

I agree with chadk7, The beretta is probably overall the better gun with better resale value. I also have a 3rd gen pt-111 and its been very reliable and is very accurate. Honestly if money wasnt an issue I would go with the beretta.

scottycoyote

i woudlnt be scared of the taurus, i have the milpro in 45 and its been a great gun, pretty awesome carry weapon when you consider how light it is and its toting 11 rounds.