Taurus M62 pump .22 any good?

Dr. Dave

Does anyone have any experience with these? I handled a 16" stainless one at the local shop and fell in love. Are they durable, accurate, etc?

It looked like it was all steel and wood. Are there any pot-metal or plastic parts hiding in the internals?

Do they tend to loosen up with time from working the action and/or using the takedown feature?

thanks

Hammy

I have had bad experiences with Taurus. However, I know several people who are happy with their Taurus firearms. I own a Winchester 62 and I believe that the Taurus is based upon this design. My Winchester is my most prized firearm out of my collection and I will never part with it. If the Taurus is even reasonably close in quality, I think that you would be very happy. However, my Winchester has a very long barrel and is also the most accurate .22 that I have ever shot. I would choose the longest barrel available if accuracy is your goal.

Gunslinger

The Taurus (Rossi) M62 is as close to a real Winchester as you are going to get unless Winchester decides to start producing them again. They break down the same and the internals look identical. (I've got both the Taurus and the Winchester but have never attempted interchange any parts.)
They are not known for pin point accuracy but since it feels good to you I don't think you will be disappointed. There are no unpleasant surprises with them that I have found.

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!