Taurus M445 & M445T - 44spl Any Comments?

Yanus

Fellow pistoleros,
I am considering a 44spl snubby as a
hide-out piece. Anyone out there have
any experience with the Taurus line?
I am especially curious about the titanium
revolvers. Are they really an improvement?
As always, any comments are appreciated.
Thanks.

------------------
Never do an enemy a minor
injury. Machiavelli

lucky085

I have both the ti 44 spl and the ti multi-alloy UL 38 spec +p. Both are good guns, with very manageable recoil, and I carry both on occasion either in the pants pocket or coat pocket.

[This message has been edited by lucky085 (edited January 28, 2000).]

Steve Smith

Yanus, I recently helped my mom arm herself. We selected a Taurus titanium in .357 Mag (she'll be shooting .38's) I was really amazed about how wellthe recoil was controlled. (in the case of the .38's, what recoil?) I'm going to get one in .45 Long Colt really soon here.

I forgot to mention that it was very accurate for a snubby, and appeared to be built well. The single action trigger was great (3.5 to 4 lbs clean as a whistle) DA was about 11 lbs, but I got it down to about 9.

[This message has been edited by Frontsight! (edited January 28, 2000).]

denfoote

I have a Taurus M605 with a 2.25in barrel. It is a good little gun, now that it has been fixed, and modified. The first time out to the range, the pin that holds the crane locking mechanism to the frame came out, and was lost. Off to Taurus it went. Shooting full house .357 mags through this pistol was punishing to say the least, so I had the Taurus custom shop port the barrel. The front sight picture was atrocious, so I had a red insert put in. Now like I said, as a custom gun, it is pretty good. I use it as a summer time back up to my P99. :)

------------------
Just as there is no such thing as too much fun,
there is no such thing as owning just one gun!!!

Now, go do the right thing, and buy that Walther!!

CANIS

I have the regular blue steel .44 snub. It is a great little gun. I've put well over 1000 rounds through it of just about everything. It shoots to point of aim to about 25 yards with the fixed sites. I have used it to blast turtles at even greater distances and even shot a rabbit with it last year. I think that it is a great gun!
The grips are very comfortable and I find the recoil to be very mild. A good gun for a great price. If I remember correctly, I bnought mine for about $250.00 NIB.

Chris Canis