Taurus M-85 Grips?

defjon

Hey everyone. I got a like new model 85, with the chunky factory grips. They fit my hands okay, but I have these huge paws with long fingers so I'm able to reach the trigger fine. My fiance though has tiny little child-like hands, and the grip is way too large and fat for her to fire comfortably.

Gripping normally, she can't reach the trigger. She has to grip it high on the heel of the gun, with the hammer up near the web of her hand, and that is awkward and painful.

There doesn't appear to be a grip screw to remove these...I'd like to put some slimmer wooden grips on or something along those lines.

Apple a Day

Defjon,
Are you sure you've got the original factory grips? I put some Hogue grips on my M85 that are chunkier than the originals and the only visible screw is at the bottom of the heel of the grip.
If you do have a Hogue grip and want an original factory set I'd be happy to send you mine. I'm not using them. PM me if you want them and I'll toss them in the mail in a couple of days.
Cheers,
Apple

Gazpacho

Try These

The Oversize Finger Groove grips might work for both of you. My wife has small hands, yet she really likes those grips on her 850. Otherwise get the boot grips. They are a bare minimum grip I have on my 85.

DennisD

I've got a Taurus finger grove grip for the M-85 I'll sell for $5 plus mailing charge. I never even installed them because I traded the gun for a SP101.

nefshooter

I just got a 85 also a older model with a factory DAO hammer.I did put a set of Hogue gips on it.Fills like a new gun. I did a trigger job on it. I think it will be my ccw gun for a while.

Last edited:

denfoote

Here's what I have on my Taurus 85.

NewGrips2.jpg

Eagle Secret Service grips.

http://www.eaglegrips.com/