Taurus G3c

dsk

I have one of its slightly older siblings, a PT-111 G2. Same pistol except for a lawyer lock and slightly different slide, sights and trigger. The G2 was followed by the G2C, which was the same exact pistol but without the lawyer lock. The G3C is just another slight upgrade. Mine was a pretty good pistol for the price but I don't think I would buy it again. It had to go back to the mother ship to fix serious reliability issues, and while it seems fine now I'm still leery of trusting it for defense. If I were a first-time gun owner and only had $300 to spend I could justify it, but not when I can afford guns from makers with better reputations.

Last edited:

buddyd157

yes, i got mine a few months ago, and i love it. special sale for like $279. back then.

i see on some sites, it's for over $300. now?

when i got to the range, 2 of the RSO's, told me, it was a very good improvement over the G2.

i have no experience with the G2, so i had no comparison to the G2.

a little "snappy", but that should be expected for a compact.

Pukindog12

I've had five PT111 G2s/G2Cs and have sold them all. Good solid guns but I always found something better. I have two G3Cs and they aren't going anyywhere. They are that good.

243winxb

Taurus G3C 9mm Luger

Bought two G3C models. They shoot Rem factory & my cast bullets great. Accuracy a 25 yards is good. If you cast, bullet Lee #356-120-TC needs sized to .3568" to fit the guns throat. Shooting as cast will work with a shorter COL of 1.030" in these gun. Jan 2021. Fired at 25 yards using 2 hands at my age of 76.

Attachments

• 9mm3575RangeBrassAll.JPG
    9mm3575RangeBrassAll.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 9mmCast3575Dia A.JPG
    9mmCast3575Dia A.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 29
  • snipRemFactoryAmmo25yds.JPG
    snipRemFactoryAmmo25yds.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

kerreckt

I have a PT111 G2 and my son has a newer G2. I have replaced the guide rods with stainless recoil assemblies and striker guides from Lakeline LLC in both guns. Not that they needed it but a personal preference over polymer. They both have operated flawlessly. Accurate as I am. I have confidence in them and they both are excellent carry guns.