Taurus 'Compact' Frame question

41special

Does anyone have or has anyone seen grips for the Taurus compact frame ?

I can't seem to find any on the net.

Or does anyone one know of any comparable smith frame grips that might fit ?

big daddy 9mm

hey

if you go to the taurus site and go to the compact revolver section and then go to the 41 magnum caliber gun and click on the acceseries button you will see two diff rubber grips.

omegapd

Have you checked ebay? They have a whole section just for grips. Usually the compact grips are the only ones I see there (since I'm looking for wood grips for my large frame 608) :rolleyes:

EW

Jkwas

What model taurus do you have? I got some combat grips for my 605 directly from taurus in Miami fl. Midway USA has several choices available. From what I've read, most people seem to like the Houge grips over the pachmayers, but I like the Taurus grips better, because they cover the backstrap. ;)

41special

It's a model 415 SS .41 mag.

I just checked Midway, they only have medium and large frame grips.

On the Taurus site I've seen the 'gripper' grips, and the rubber finger groove, but they never have them in stock.

41special

Fyi

I called all over Hell's half acre and the only company that will even make them custom is Ajax Grips.

For $ 300.00........

omegapd

If it's a true "compact", then the model 85 and 605 would fit it depending on the butt shape. If it's like my 608- sort of a tweener between large and medium frame- you're out of luck, although Hogue does make grips for mine a little cheaper than 300 bucks.
Ask around for some custom grip makers on these boards. I know folks who get them made quite a bit and I'm sure they're not spending that kind of money....

41special

I think we running into a lingo barrier, when I say Compact frame I mean this is a Taurus frame different from the small-medium-large.

I.E.

M85 - Small Frame

M44 / M608 - Large Frame

M65 - Medium Frame

M415 / Tracker Series - Compact Frame

41special

After Checking the Houge site again, they do have a Monogrip.

I went ahead and ordered one, We'll see how it goes.

big daddy 9mm

hey 41 special

I am very interestede in concealing a tracker revolver and I am not sure how big they are. It says compact but is it really? would I have problems firing it in 44mag. what I am realy asking is it one of those revolvers you see where you can only fit a finger or two on the grips. thanks so much!!! :confused: :)

41special

New Grips

Well I got the new grips - much,much better.

Here's a pic BD9MM for the size.

attachment.php