Taurus CIA?

cnemeth

Has anyone tried the new Taurus CIA revolvers? How do they differ fom the normal line of Taurus revolvers ( 85, etc)?

Thanks

Chris Nemeth

Lightsped

From what I understand the CIA 650 (357) is a beefed up Model 85 with a concealed hammer. The CIA 850 (38sp) has the same concealed hammer as the CIA 650, but is only capable of firing up to 38+p....

I have briefly handled a Stainless CIA (not sure if it was a 650 or 850) at a gunshow and I liked it alot.

Good carry gun for the overthrow of a third world dictator but I found my smith 442 worked just as well and if I'm caught, they won't know I'm in the CIA since it doesn't say it on my gun...

Lightsped

I haven't noticed the letters "CIA" being stamped on the CIA 650 and CIA 850 models. Correct me if I am wrong though.....

M

M58

I looked at the SS and blue models at the range.
SS had a great trigger; the blue did not.
Price was $300. I have not bought or shot one yet.
Maybe if they get a rental...:rolleyes:

Doug S

My dealer just got one in for me, blued $289. I haven't been in to see it yet. I had both my cars go out at the same time last week, and had to get that situation fixed first. Because of this unexpected expenditure of funds I may make a couple of payments instead of picking it up right away. I will post my opinions after picking it up and taking it to the range.