Taurus 85UL undercover Trigger advice

sox

Gang, what is the best way to modify my trigger pull? I am concientious of the reliability issue. Which will have the greater impact? Spring tuning with a kit, or honing the contact points? Furthermore, what kind of poundage is appropriate for a combat DAO pull? Which trigger is better for combat trigger? a narrow or wider trigger? Thank you all.

denfoote

You can send it back to the Taurus Custom Shop!!! Yes Virginia, Taurus does have a custom shop!!!:) Their prices are very reasonable. I had them port the barrel of my M605. At the time, I inquired about a trigger job. If I remember correctly, the price was somewhere in the neighborhood of $65. Give them a call, they are quite frendly, and eager to please.:)

Coolray

I used Wolf springs for my Taurus Revolver. Very easy to do,just remove the grip,remove the side cover and you will see the two springs that you will need to change,you will need a paper clip. cock the hammer and you will see a hole in the pin on the spring you want to change,insert the paper clip Decock swap spring and reverse the steps and start over for the second spring.

If you lighten very much you will get misfires,espically with CCI primers. Wolf kits have 3 weights in each kit try each one. I swapped mine at the range thats how easy they are. As long as your mechanically inclined :D

Cougar

My mainspring wasn't so much the problem as the trigger return spring on my Taurus 85. I just used the lighter weight return spring and now, with somewhere around 1500 rounds through it, the action is almost as good (smooth and light) as a tuned S&W.