Taurus 856 Concealed Hammer

Siggy-06

I came across a reintroduced revolver series from Taurus, the 856. They are a 6 shot J frame size revolver in a number of different finishes, as well as steel frames or lightweight aluminum frames. Chambered in .38 special. The latest models come with a concealed/bobbed style hammer and removable pinned front sight:

Taurus announced the 856’s going back into production shortly after colt released their Cobra, and now the concealed hammer models along side Colt’s King Cobra release.

I have a few taurus pistols myself(all have been flawless) and decided to order one, a stainless steel frame and finish like the picture. At $246 shipped, I’m pretty happy, and cant wait to get it to the range. Glad to see more revolvers with removable front sights, and 6 shots vs 5.

Last edited:

osbornk

Where did you find it? I bought a used 605 polished stainless "hammerless" several months ago because I couldn't find a Taurus snubby without an exposed hammer? Neither the Taurus website or Bud's Gun Shop show any and their cheapest stainless 856 is shown at $279.

Siggy-06

Wnycollector, the pull is about 12lbs. Its no S&W trigger, but it’s lighter and smoother than my stock SP101.

Siggy-06

Osbornk, I’ve bought several pistols and receivers from them. Great customer service and they usually ship same day, with free shipping!(usually UPS)

wnycollector

Siggy-06, thanks for the info. I have had excellent luck swapping Wolff reduced weight springs on my Taurus 82 and 431 revolvers with zero issues. If I don't like the 856's trigger, I can just go down that road.