Taurus 85 Ultralite Anyone ??

sks

Great gun. I bought one for my wife a few years ago and she really likes it. It is not a 50 yard target pistol but is nice for carry. We carry it in the van at all times and throw it in the overnight case for trips

Pros:
* Hammerless - won't snag as easy
* Lightweight - easy to carry on your person or in a purse
* Titanium - pretty much maintenance free, can get wet
* Ported - helps with recoil but will blind you at night :)
* Revolver - always ready to go, no bad mag springs, etc

Cons:
* Five shots - 6 would be better but you would lose the small size aspect
* .38 spl - There are times I would like more but I am comfortable with it

denfoote

You mean this little old thing???

I've had this for years.
It used to be my wife's before she lost interest in it and confiscated my G26, but that's a different story!! :eek:

NewGrips1.jpg

I carry it off and on. :D

M605pocketRig003small.jpg

It's fairly accurate!!!

M85ULtarget10yds.bmp

125gr +P Remington Golden Saber JHP, four speed loaders, and I'm good to go!!! :cool:

D-Ric902

I like mine enough to carry it quite often. Light and effective so I put CT grips on it. Good gun for the money.

Taurus85.jpg

wolverine350

well i was thinking about buying a snubbie and the 2 choices are the Taurus 85 ss ultralite and the Smith & Wesson 637 Airweight:cool:

JKump

Here is another vote for the Taurus. Mine was issued to me by my department as a back up gun. It was second hand and the first officer carried it in an ankle holster and did not clean it often. I got it and cleaned it up and it has not let me down at the range. It shoots accurate for close range self defense and mine has always gone bang. I would recommend this little gun to anyone. IMHO, For the price it beats out the Smith and I don't see where the Smith is any better.

county141

Taurus 85

The Taurus 85 is a good buy. If you go Titanium, you have an easy carry gun. My 85 was chosen over the Smith & Wesson mainly for cost reasons. No regrets here for going Taurus.

Jkwas

Even though they are both "airweights", they really are two different guns. The Taurus is larger and has a longer barrel. There isn't too much difference in price to make that the only determining factor. You just really need to handle both and see which one you like better. If you have bigger hands, you may like the taurus. Both will work well for pocket carry.
Once you move into steel frame however, there is a big difference in price. You can purchase a taurus 605 small frame 357 for about $200 less than a Smith model 60. You can also get the 605 in blue for even less money. This is where Taurus really has Smith beat.
By the way, I have the 605 and it's a real honey of a gun.

dakota223

have a taurus 85 not an airweight steel frame in 357 mag good gun accurate dependable but if i had to do it again for fit ild get that smith 442 centennial its an airweight in 38 (even though i love 357) the grip fits my hand better and it jams the wrist alot less

mmasteve

Wolverine 350?

i saw a post were u posted about the ULTRA LIGHT adn AIR WEIGHTs for sale in ponca city, those are great prices i was looking to buy a revolver this weekend, what store and what is the # were they are sold, thanks for your time