Taurus 689 Question

Bullrock

I finally found a Taurus 689. Haven't bought it yet. Does anyone know the size of the frame on this model? I have an 85 and I wanted something larger...

Imput from anyone with 689 experience is appreciated. :D

Majic

I had one quite a few years ago. They are basically the same size as a S&W K-frame. I used a K-frame holster and I believe K-frame speed loaders.
It was actually quite a nice revolver. Trigger was a little stiff due to the coil springs, but I polished it up and clipped a coil and a half to get a decent trigger. Accuracy was on par with most other revolvers. My buddy liked it so much that he begged and pleaded till I finally sold it to him. He shot it for years till he had to get rid of it due to finances. It was Taurus top of the line revolver at the time.

Bullrock

Hey Doogle

This is the owners pic. Not near as nice as yours. Hope to get this sometime next week...
attachment.php

Last edited:

Doogle

Looks good with the wood grips...>

...I wouldn't mind trying some of them myself.

I note that mine doesn't have the engraving that yours does on the frame immediately under the cylinder. It looks like it says "something - FLA. USA" on your 689, which I suppose is an importers mark (?). My 689 came direct from Taurus, which I guess explains why it doesn't carry such a marking. Mine also doesn't have the pin (?) half way along the ejector shroud under the ".357 Magnum" engraving.

Thanks for the pic.