Taurus 608

dr.magnum

Well, I went and did it. I was at a shop yesterday and this Taurus grapped me by the arm and made me take it home. It is a model 608, blue, 8 shot, 4 inch barrel that is ported. It has some holster wear, and needed a good cleaning. I got the guys to sell it to me for $225, tax included.
I've read some of the comments in here. For those of you who own one, any ammo recommendations, or any I should avoid? How has it held up for you?
Hopefully I'll get out to shoot it this weekend.

strange246

Here's mine with my .44mag Ruger Bisley, 6 1/2" Barrel, Hogue grips, I've had zero malfunctions, it's more accurate than I am, mine seems to like the 158gr loads for best accuracy, and it's equally as happy with .38spl loads but the sights have to be re-adjusted for them....I HIGHLY reccomend the Hogue grips, makes the gun feel totally different, and far more stable in my hand anyway...My buddy shot mine Sunday for the first time and said the trigger felt just as smooth and crisp as any S&W he's ever shot...I have around 2,000 rounds through mine so far....For what you paid I'd buy another one :cool:

Attachments

• 608 & Bisley .44.JPG
    608 & Bisley .44.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 70,816

omegapd

Like strange said above, get some better grips. I hate the Taurus grips mine has on it and mine's an old one with an Alpha prefix and I can't find any after-market grips that fit it.
Mine's a decent shooter also. The only problem I've ever had with it was that the forcing cone gets a little gummed up with lead and makes the cylinder hard to turn after a hundred rounds or so. A quick wipe of the cone clears up that problem, though.

Enjoy!
EW

Action_Can_Do

The Taurus 608 was my first handgun, and still ranks as one of my favorites. I have never had an problems with it (unlike my Browning) and even a smith and wesson diehard friend of mine has complemented the gun on its accuracy and beautiful blueing. Enjoy!

dr.magnum

I finally got out and shot it last night. It seems that the last owner only shot 38spl. I couldn't get 357's to seat all the way in at first. When I cleaned the outside of this, after I bought it, I didn't see the ring in the cylinders(I got to wear those glasses more often).
Anyway, it shot great. I took my 13 year old boy with me, and he had alot of fun with it.

redhawkp90

I've had one for 4 yrs 61/2 in ported, and blue. I like the pistol . I shoot target with it have carried it hunting deer. last month I bought a Redhawk .44 in stainless with a 7 1/2 in .It is my new hunting pistol I love the feel of the .44 in my hand and i like the 608 just the same. I can add the .357 is easier on the pocket book however my next step is a lee loading kit, gotta feed all those hungry toys lol