Taurus 500 Mag

Garand Guy

I've heard that Taurus in going to chamber the .500 Mag in their Raging Bull Frame. Anyone heard anything about this?

mbartel

Yep been hearing about it for a year and a half now..... Lighter than the Smith...shorter cylinder than the Smith. Call Taurus and ask them about it..... It's been "just about ready" for a year now.....YAWN.....They claim that they make all of their parts in-house, but they are waiting on some vendor to supply them with some part(s)...????? Say What? I hope their RB is worth the wait....

Pottsy

"Lighter than the Smith...shorter cylinder than the Smith."

Not sure why they'd want to do that. I'll take all the extra ounces the smith has to help recoil anytime I can. My 460 shoots awesome though!

IM_Lugger

Pottsy, Raging Bull is not a light gun, I have one in .44 MAG it weighs 55oz and that’s a 6.5in model, 8.75in will be more...

About the cylinder; the original RB was designed for .454cassul now they have models in .41, 44, and 480 . To get a longer cylinder they would have to change the frame, and from looking at the picture at the Taurus site it does look like it has a longer cylinder...