Taurus 44-Ten

shotgunner427

I was looking through the new Taurus catlogue and i saw the new Taurus wheelgun, and i fell in love with it.
Let me start by saying that i am a die-hard semi-fan, but being the gun lover that i am i have to have a wheelgun in the safe.
The new taurus is what i call a "swiss army gun" it fires 44-40, .45 colt, and .410 shells. Being the type of person who likes a gun that can perform multiple functions, i had to get one, and have heard Taurus quality has gone much higher than it was when i first encountered thier products about 7 years ago.
Bottom line: I paid for the peice and am just waiting for it to come in. I am first on the list, and even convinced the manager to buy one lol. I just wanted to know (since there are a lot of people on here w/inside connections who get thier firearms before the common shopper) do you like the gun?
...i'll post my review as soon as i get it and take it to the range. I ordered mine in stainless steel w/the 6" barrel since i have plenty of small to medium sized autos and needed a "hand cannon" haha.
H_4410TrackerSS.jpg

omegapd

I've got to admit, I'm intrigued by it too. Should be out any day now. If you can find any articles on this years SHOT show on the 'Net, it was being passed around then to all the gunwriters. You might get a review or something from there.

Majic

I read somewhere Taurus finally admitted to the mistake on their website. A .44-40 would have absolutely no accuracy if fired thru a .45 caliber bore. The .410 would be fine, but not the .44-40.

Rimrod

I saw the gun in the catalog too. How do you take a .44-40 and fire it out of a gun that will chamber a .45 Colt? Not only will the bullet be too small for good accuracy but you will be fireforming all your brass to .45 Colt dimensions that probably won't fire out of any other .45 Colt due to the differences in the two rims. Maybe the idea was in case you can't find any .45 Colt ammo laying around you could saunter down to Wally World and pick up some .44-40s. I don't know who came up with the idea but you might want to make sure the muzzle isn't painted orange when you get it. Other than that it looks like a Thunder 5. It is a pretty gun though, maybe I'll get one after they upgrade their security keys with a chip like they have on cars.

I have Taurus' old 76,86,96 and 689. They are very good firearms. It seems as though all the gun companies climbed to the peak of their ability to see just who will take the longest fall.

shotgunner427

Yeah im not too interested in the 44-40 round since i don't plan on using it much.
I just want it for the .45 and .410 capability. Im in the process right now of searching for some SHOT show info on it.