Taurus 380 revolver

TennJed

Couple of questions regarding the Taurus 380 revolver. Do you have to use moon clips? Does anyone have a side by side pic of it next to a S&W J Frame for size comparisons?

TennJed

I figured that, but unless I am crazy i thought Charter Arms was/has come out with some DA revovlers in 9mm/40/45acp that so not use moon clips. I thought I read the same for the taurus. Maybe not

9mm

you do have to use moon clips. otherwise the shell will just fall in the cylinder.
Why didn't they make it for it? the gun is pointless then without the moonclips -.-

plateshooter

I haven't seen the 380 revolver, but I have a 405 Taurus revolver in 40S&W. You can shoot it with, or without the moon clips. The round head spaces on the case mouth and that is the way the cylinder is bored. Just have to poke out the empties when not using the clips, which is no problem at the range.

I don't see why Taurus would design the 380 revolver any differently but they might.

slugoo

I've got the 380 taurus revolver, also have a S&W 642. The 642 is 1/8 inch longer than the taurus, the 642 is 2 times easier to shoot than the taurus, the 642 is 2 times more accurate than the taurus. I put a diffrent grip on my 642 and it don't quite hide as good but wow does it shoot so much better. cant find a better grip for the taurus so it just plods along. The taurus is a lot heaver that the 642 and I do have to use the clips with the taurus, not with the 642. To tell the truth, the 642 is twice the gun the 380 taurus is. Charlie

kcub

Unless I had a crazy uncle that bequeathed me a warehouse full of .380 ammo, I can't imagine why anyone would spend good money on it when they could have had a 38 that is no bigger.

Ok, maybe there are some countries with goofy caliber laws. Other than that,i agree; why?

TennJed

Unless I had a crazy uncle that bequeathed me a warehouse full of .380 ammo, I can't imagine why anyone would spend good money on it when they could have had a 38 that is no bigger.

Ok, maybe there are some countries with goofy caliber laws. Other than that,i agree; why?

Too bad you don't have a crazy uncle that can bequeathed you reloading gear. I reload and the 380 is the cheapest for me to reload (1000 lead bullets for $45 and very little powder used)

I like the 380 to plink with. It is cheap and fun. I have several 380 autos (from large Beretta 84s and Makarovs to pocket pistols) I like revolvers. Other than a 22lr this would be the cheapest revolver to shoot.

No offense, but although you can't imagine why someone would want one, keep in mind not every buys factory ammo off the shelf, and some people just like guns. I already have all my "needs" met when it comes to guns. The guns I buy now are because I like guns

budd

.380 acp revolver???

TENNJED
I am somewhat familar with the Taurus line of pistols and revolvers, and I never seen or heard of a Taurus revolver in .380 ACP. Can you tell me the model name and/or model number?? I am interested.

V/R
J.BUDD

Pahoo

Yes, cause the 9mm comes with moon clips

I'm guessing that this .380 comes with moon clips as a friend of mine just got one of these small frame Taurus's in 9MM. In fact, based on a previous post in here, we ordered a set of aftermarket clips and tool, that is better than the factory clips. One thing to watch out for, is the grip that is really small and lacks the a bottom figure groove. He is going to replace these with a set of Hogues. .... ;)

Be safe !!!

Ozzieman

I had to go look since I couldn’t believe that someone would build a 380 revolver.
Well Taurus does list one called the 380 Mini Revolvers – 1.75 matte stainless steel.
The specification sheet only has a photo of the gun.
It’s hammerless and has an odd dove tail rear sight and no information on how the gun functions with 380 but it does have a cylinder rod that looks like it is made to eject empties. And it's a 5 shot
Sorry, I still can’t believe it. Nor want it.
http://www.taurususa.com/product-de...gory=Accessories&breadcrumbseries=&search=380

PPKman

M380 clips

Taurus M380 can be loaded with or without moon clips. Without the clip you have to poke out the brass after shooting.

This gun is small and a light shot, useful for beginner training toward more powerfully kicking 38s or 357s. I bought one for my teenage daughters to help break their initial fear - it was very useful in this regard - and they like shooting it.

TennJed

I had to go look since I couldn’t believe that someone would build a 380 revolver.
Well Taurus does list one called the 380 Mini Revolvers – 1.75 matte stainless steel.
The specification sheet only has a photo of the gun.
It’s hammerless and has an odd dove tail rear sight and no information on how the gun functions with 380 but it does have a cylinder rod that looks like it is made to eject empties. And it's a 5 shot
Sorry, I still can’t believe it. Nor want it.
http://www.taurususa.com/product-det...es=&search=380

It is hard to believe that someone might have needs or wants that are different from yours ;)

budd

.380 revolver

Well, when I think that I have seen it all, some one does something different.

A 380 ACP revolver??? interesting!! wonder if it could be had with a 3 inch barrel??

J.Budd