Taurus .32 Mag Information Anyone?

FLA2760

My wife wants a revolver for CCW. She has tried a few of my .38 snubs including a circa 1984 model 60 steel gun and does not like the recoil. She likes the KT P32 for capacity and weight but has fired her girlfriends and got 3 FTF on one magazine. Her friend has had problems too, so the wheelgun is her choice. Do any of you know about this Taurus 6 shot.32mag? Here is a link to it. She said either this or a .22 revolver so I think this is a better choice in caliber. Thanks. :cool:

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?id=281&category=Revolver

James K

Member In Memoriam
That is not a bad choice, but IMHO for the same size and weight, she can get a .38 which will have more power and greater flexibility. Ammunition can be loaded or bought that has low power and light recoil up to pretty high power (though I don't know if that gun is rated for +P ammunition).

Still, if it is a choice between .32 and nothing, the .32 will do. The big drawback, unless you reload, is that with a small revolver, a lot of practice is needed to become proficient and that .32 ammo is costly.

Jim

I personally own 2 Taurus revolvers & had no problems with either gun, but my 32 H&R Magnum is a S&W airweight, & while they are currently discontinued, I found mine NIB less than a year ago, so they are still around... It was very reasonably priced, & I like the air weight J frame better than the "normal weight S&W & Taurus models, & in 32 H&R Mag, it's both not too loud, & easy to shoot, while still having close to the stopping power of the 38 special

attachment.php

gak

In either Taurus or S&W format (or Ruger for that matter, but not a lightweight)...6 shots out of a J vs 5, and much quicker follow-up shots....hitting what you're aiming at - especially without a lot of drama - is pretty important. I too have the S&W Airweight (and other .32 H&R formats)....great gun/round. I had a Colt Detective Special (and like a lot of others, wish I had it back "just because")...but it was not "fun" to shoot anything that was a "normal" round...and neither have any other .38/.357 format J's I've shot. Even in a snubbie - relatively speaking - you can shoot the .32 all afternoon long. Yes, ammo harder to find and more expensive...but unless she's a range hound, suck it up initially and have her shoot just enough to be comfortable with the gun and reasonably (close)range proficient, then stoke it with some self-defense ammo and forget about it.