Taurus 24/7 modification

cheddar

Has anyone modified the 24/7 yet? I wanted to know if the trigger is able to be "worked"? I also want to change the sights from straight 8 sights, to something more user friendly. Those are the only two things I have found that I dont like. The trigger has some play in it(wondering if it can be smoother).

9mm_prn

Figure I'd bump this.

I have a Mil PRO and a 24/7PRO (both great guns) and would like to hear if anyone has been doing trigger jobs.

Oh yeah, the Mil PRO's have the same trigger as your 24/7. Didn't want you to think I was hijacking your thread. ;)

Micrometer

Taurus PT 140 Millennium Pro

Here's what I did to my PT-140. I believe it's similar to the 24/7. I know there's a new single action 24/7 that reverts to DA but I'm not familiar if its innards are different.

I'm certainly not a gunsmith by trade and consider myself an enthusiast. Proceed with this data entirely at your own risk.

The DAO pull is very smooth and I'm very pleased with the results. The gun has functioned flawlessly for 400 rounds (UMC and CCI 180 MC).

Trigger/Trigger Bar

1 Trigger bar and trigger hook - relieve hook tip and round off trigger bar engagement area slightly.

2 Polished trigger bar firing pin contact with stone then dremel/flitz.
3 Dremel/flitz the trigger bar and ramp where they contact.
4 Insure trigger bar rides free in the frame.

Firing Pin

1 Insure that firing pin and slide hole are burr free. Polish with 600 grit mylar.
2 Stoned firing pin front and rear contact area where trigger bar engages then dremel/flitz.

Slide

1 Relieve trigger bar firing pin lock protrusion with swiss needle file on underside of the slide for take down ease and dremel/flitz.

2 Arkansas stoned the center of the slide underside from the breech to right in front of the trigger bar then dremel/flitz.
3 Arkansas stoned the slide where barrel chamber engagement occurs and dremel/flitz.
4 Cleaned out recoil spring cutout in slide with solvent/patch.
5 Check that recoil spring cutout in the slide is burr free. Polish with 600 grit mylar.

Barrel

1 Arkansas stoned the barrel hood, sides and top. Dremel/flitz.
2 Very slightly rounded the ledge on the barrel cam between the locked and open cutouts with a swiss needle file.

3 Dremel/flitz barrel feed ramp top and bottom.
4 Polished with mylar 600 grit the barrel cam cutouts and dremel/flitz.

Recoil Spring Assembly

1 Polish mylar 600 grit the front recoil spring at slide contact area.
2 Arkansas stoned the rear face of the recoil spring contact at barrel and lightly broke the edge.

Disassembly Latch

1 Polished disassembly latch at barrel cam contact area with mylar and dremel/flitz.

Other

1 Factory sight screws front and back seemed thread locked.
2 Cleaned barrel.
3 Insure that extractor has rounded off bottom for proper case ejection angle.
4 Added Break Free to slide/frame contact area.

duckcallinfool

Is it possible to get pics along with these descriptions? I was wanting to do some of this to my PT140 Millenium (not pro). Also, does anyone know of an easy adjustment on the weight of pull on these guns?

duckcallinfool

Thanks anyway. I tore mine down and polished many of the metal pieces inside it last night and the results were incredible. Nice smooth trigger pull. Still heavy but no gritty catches to throw me off target. Thanks for the info you posted.

I polished the trigger bar where it contacts the ramp and the ramp itself. This seems to have helped the most and was easy to get to. I used a very fine grit point in my dremmel.

I polished the firing pin track and all the firing pin safety components.

I also polished all contact areas on the slide.