Taurus 24/7 Mags Fit PT145

slow944

I went to my LGS yesterday and was looking at used guns and found a very nice Dan Wesson model 15-4 in 357 and while I was deciding on wheather or not to buy it I also looked at the Taurus 24/7 and the PT145. On a whim I swapped the mags and the 24/7 mag locked in place in the PT145. The salesman was astounded as that means you can get some hi-cap mags for the PT145. I'm lovin the PT145 more and more, I thought it was a great gun when I purchased it last month and it's been flawless with 450rds of CCI Blazer ammo, but to find other mags will fit is awesom. By the way I did buy the DW, had one back in the 80's when thay first came out and this looks just like that one that I sold so long ago. Can't wait to get to the range with it......SWEEEET

Last edited:

elprofeloco

Be careful - the mag lock and apparent fit is not the only factor; it still must feed correctly and enable the slide to catch on the last round.

I'd call Taurus first, then try it out.

Let us know how it works out. I'm rootin' for ya; I have a 9mm 24/7 and PT-111 and will await your results before pursuing on my nines.

bigghoss

please let us know a friend of mine has a 145 and both of us are curious to find out if they will actually work

Ifishsum

They do fit and work, at least in my PT-140. Kind of ungainly though and sort of defeats the purpose of a compact for me as they stick out an extra inch or so. If someone made a spacer that matched the contour of the grip they wouldn't look so goofy.

bigghoss

well the idea is you reload with the higher caps in the unfortunate event you are in a shootout, or you could carry the 24/7 and the 145 as a backup