Taurus 1911 45 to 400 corbon

mwells72774

As a 45 acp its accurate as can be, but slapped in a 6" roto4m 400 CB barrel and with handloads, 155gr xtp over power pistol; is horrific. Looks more like a shotgun pattern. Any ideas

mwells72774

Complete with linkage and bushing. Most barrels i read about are accurate but have feed issues. Mine feeds flawless but aint accurate

mwells72774

No same recoil spring. Powerpistol is the only powder I can get my hands on that there is data for thr 400. There's just not much data out there.

WC145

Obviously it could be your load, try some different ones.
Mechanically, assuming the bushing fits the barrel since they came together, you have to question how well does the bushing fit the slide, how well does the barrel fit the slide, is it the right size link, etc.. Most 'drop in' 1911 parts are anything but and the problem with fit is exacerbated the further out of original specs/dimensions the frame and slide are. I don't know much about Taurus 1911s or their reputation for after market parts fitting.

WC145

Maybe that's why it was for sale.
I guess he is a dealer because he has many different barrels and calibers for 1911
You never mentioned that you bought it from a 'dealer' or business. Maybe you should ask for your money back.

how do the reviews for the roto4 barrels look?
There's the issue. Seems they have a rep for being crap.
Of course, doing your homework before purchasing something can help prevent these sorts of situations.:rolleyes: