Target Scope Options - 223 Bolt

sholling

I'm looking for a scope for my Tikka Super Varmint in .223. Right now I'm just thinking this through. The primary purpose of this rifle is affordable 300-500yd target practice. But I like to think that it would be able to discourage zombies at those ranges and maybe a bit further in a SHTF situation. I know it's a bit light for the latter. Anyway because it's primary purpose is target work high magnification is a big plus as is adjustable parallax.

Just browsing Midway's site a few of possibilities jumped out at me.

Leupold Mark 2 Tactical T1 Rifle Scope 6-18x40 with either mil-dot or LRV reticles.
Leupold VX-3 Scope 6.5-20x40 w/mil-dot

The gadget guy in me really makes me want to try the Leatherwood Computer ART Tactical Rifle 6-24x50 this is the 2nd most expensive but this intrigues me.

At the far extreme limit of my budget is the Nikon Monarch 6-24x50 w/BDC. I like the side focus. But the reticle is probably too fat for target work. I love the side focus but they don't have much that grabs me for target work those ranges.

DnPRK

Of those listed, the Nikon has the best glass and will give a superior image at long range. I believe Nikon makes a similar model with fine crosshairs for target applications.