Target revolver

Khornet

I've never been much of a revolver guy, so pardon my ignorance. My sister who lives in Mass. has been looking to buy a handgun mainly for target use. I reccommended a good .22 auto such as Ruger MkII....she now tells me .22 handguns are ILLEGAL in MA!!!

So I said she should find a good .38 or .357 revolver and use light wadcutter loads to learn. But anyone have a good rec for a .38 revolver with good target accuracy and sights?
Thanks!

Standing Wolf

Member in memoriam
Well, give the People's Republic of Taxachussets another twenty minutes or so, and .22 caliber hand guns just might be illegal for commoners to own.

Swamp Yankee

Certain .22 caliber as well as centerfire semi auto pistols manufactured after a certain date, are indeed illegal to sell in Mass. I do not know the date, late 1990's IIRC. Mass. developed a list, and if it's not on the approved list it's not safe for a Mass. Resident to own. This applies to revolvers as well.
A shop I deal with in New Hampshire, just over the Mass. border is constantly looking for older used semi's in good condition. Based upon his prices for used guns with Mass. Legal tags compared to used prices around here he's found a profit center.
I'd recommend a good Dan Wesson Model 15 / 715 but I don't believe they're legal either.
Take Care

I have a S&W 686 with an 8 3/8" barrel and a 4 position adjustable front sight that I use for informal target shooting.

Using 148 gr wadcutters produces some very impressive groups. Obviously, the barrel length has a lot to do with it and not everyone would be happy with all that steel hanging out there.

But that's what I bought it for.

Safe shooting.