Taran Tactical +2 Extension for Glock 43...I should Have Listened

Joe_Pike

I ran across a Taran Tactical +2 mag extension for my Glock 43 for a decent price and decided to give it a try. Almost all of the reviews that I had read about these said that they are not reliable with hollow points but work great with FMJ. I should have listened and moved on. I ran some 115 gr FMJ through it and it worked like a charm. Then I tried to run some 115 gr Hornady Custom through it and it was a no go. I have a lot of Hornady Custom , so, I wasn't going to try anything else.

On the other hand the Tango Down +2 extension worked well and they are about 1/3 of the cost of the Taran Tactical +2 extensions.

I wanted something +2 for when I carry IWB and still keep my six rounders for pocket carry. I still wonder why Glock refuses to do any extensions for the 43 but has them for other guns.

youngridge

They are great, expensive, but very good. Wish they weren’t so expensive or I would have one or two more. They come with there own spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe_Pike

Did the +2 you picked up come with a new magazine spring or are you running the original mag spring?

Came with an upgraded power spring.

They are great, expensive, but very good.

Not the experience I had with the one I had. I think I'll order another Tango Down/Vickers +2 though.

Uncle Malice

Interesting. I has the Taran +1 and +2 for my G43. Both ran flawlessly with Federal HST< Hornady Critical Duty, and Speer Gold Dot, as well as FMJ. I didn't try any other JHP's.

You could probably contact TTI and ask them. They might send a new spring or something.