• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Tapatalk app for IPhone

twhidd

Does anyone here use the Tapatalk app to browse the forums? I have been using it for my IPhone for a couple of years now with great success until about a month ago. Now I doesn't seem to want to update and display new posts here at the Firing Line. So far this seems to be the only forum I'm having the problem with. Perhaps the moderators know if something has changed here at the forums.

southjk

I've been having the same problem for about the past few weeks. Today I tried removing it from Tapatalk and re-adding but now I can't log in. I know I'm using the correct credentials.

edit: I'm getting an error "Log in Failed The operation couldn't be completed. (tapatalk error 2203)"

Must not like us folks named Todd. ;)

southjk

Just went to try and login and got this message before I could.

System Message
Package file version doesn't match with the installed version, please goto your forum's AdminCP->Plugin&Products-> Manage Products to upgrade by importing the latest installation xml

After I click OK and then go to sign in page and before I can enter my credentials I get:
Access Denied
This forum is currently not available please try again later.

I then tried removing it from Tapatalk and re-adding it again and get the same results.

Garycw

Problems started today?

It came up today on iPhone that the file version did not match and to contact admin control panel. There was what looked like a newer version of TapaTalk popes up on web version so I downloaded it also. That version shows nothing. The older version shows topics, but will not display any posts. PLEASE HELP :(

"Package file version doesn't match with the installed version, please goto your forum's AdminCP->Plugin&Products-> Manage Products to upgrade by importing the latest installation xml"

Exact same thing I'm getting right now.

tbk5

I had the same problem. I cleared the Tapatalk cache--that seems to have fixed the problem... for now.

Boz Mon

I hate to bump this thread but probably once a week or once every other week I have to clear the cache on tapatalk for the unread threads to load.

Garycw

I hate to bump this thread but probably once a week or once every other week I have to clear the cache on tapatalk for the unread threads to load.

I've never had that problem and its works perfect on iPhone. I don't believe I've ever cleared the cache.
The app is great and have actually quit visiting a forum except rarely that dropped it.
Check your settings or something

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
This is an app (or mobile OS) issue, not a forum issue.

I suggest that iOS users download and use PhoneClean. Android, I have no idea.

Typically, deleting and reinstalling the app with fix issues on all devices.

All users with continued problems should contact TapaTalk support.