Tanfoglio Gold Match

Bongo Boy

I've never fired any Tanfoglio handguns but was very impressed by the guns I've handled based on general appearance (fit, finish, materials, etc). Does anyone own this particular one or even know anyone who does? I'm considering it for bullseye shooting, thinking I might be able to get more for the dollar than with a 1911. It seems unusually rare, which is a concern.

Creeper

European American Armory, which has one of the worst websites and some of the cheesiest advertizing in all of modern gundom... also happens to be the importer for Tanfoglio firearms.
In this case, you can't judge a book by it's cover. Tanfoglio handguns, which are in essence based on the CZ75, are very well made and reliable... and EAA provides good customer service.
I owned a 10mm Witness Elite Limited fit with a Henning trigger for a time, and it was a very accurate and well built gun.
If you've not done it already, you need to acquaint yourself with the equivalent guns from CZ in their competition line. The Shadow and Czechmate models would be comparable.

C

wbw

I don't have a Gold Match but I do have an Elite Match and a Witness Compact. I'm impressed with both of these guns and have had no problems with either.
Witness002.jpg

Witnesscompact002.jpg

Bongo Boy

Thanks for the tip re: the CZ models--I'll take a look. My club may even have one of them since I know they've always had at least a few CZs in the case.

The CZ competition guns all appear to be aimed more at action shooting what with the high-cap 9mm configuration. I should have mentioned that it's just gotta be 45ACP for me, and the game I'm looking for is bullseye.

The Compact, above, is a great example of what I'm talking about as far as aesthetics--I don't see that kind of machining and finish anywhere, until you get into the multi-thousand dollar 1911s...which for me is just plain nuts.

Last edited:

KevK.

The CZ models in .45 are CZ-97B, and the CZ-97BD, both are 10+1 rounds. The only difference is the B has a safety and the BD has a decocker.