Tanfaglio Mossad 9mm compact

subhuman

tanfoglio mossad 9mm
I ran across one of these today while plundering around and was intrigued by it, its a compact 10 shot DA/SA that snugged into my hand like it was made for me, price was $350 but I'm still recovering from my last purchase,

i was wondering if any of you have one of these or have ever shot one of them, I didn't have my phone on me so no picture of the one i looked at, it was a full stainless model but i found a picture of one like it

6RS2PcT.jpg

wild cat mccane

A CZ 75 compact copy. Also copied in the Canik/Tri-star C-100.

Should be good to go.

While CZ gets some internet hype, Tanfoglio tends to improve upon the CZ designs in good ways. Tanfoglio puts out very good stuff. EAA, the importer of Tanfaglio-assuming that is the importer of this one, is pretty crud about warranties though. Shipping paid both ways, blaming the customer, not great gun smithing in house, etc.

350, I'd do it if I liked the gun and green...

I also like the looks of the CZ P01/ Canik P-100 better as they are the compacts of the updated SP-01s/ P-120s.

subhuman

wildcat that was just a picture I pulled off the net, the pistol I'm looking at is nickle finished with a dark color wood grips on it

Siggy-06

My only issue with Tanfoglio is that a lot of their guns has the front sight as part of the slide instead of being replaceable.

subhuman

went ahead and got it
UCVtyq1.jpg

F1a5sM5.jpg

first mag though it , the corners were shot DAO the rest at around 1 sec per shot all at 10 yards, I like it

FfP8RgD.jpg

agtman

I'm not a Tanfoglio/EAA fan (mostly because of EAA).

But for the price, and assuming it's reliable, that one would make a nice 9mm cold-weather "pocket gun" ... as in, stashed in the pocket of your over-coat.

kmw1954

I like it.
I do have a Witness Pavona 380 and enjoy shooting it and have also shot a friends Witness Compact 45 which is steel frame. I liked it so much it is on my next to buy list.

Brownstone322

... snugged into my hand like it was made for me...

I have no knowledge of Tanfoglio, but I do own a CZ 75 PCR, and I think you'll get lots of agreement on at least that one point: the in-hand feel.

I have medium/small hands, and the graceful curves of the 75 compact's rubber grips -- narrow at the top, thick in the middle, tapered at the bottom -- are like nothing else I own. I don't know why more handguns aren't shaped that way. I know it's a cliché, but my Glock 19 (which I like) feels like a block of wood compared to the PCR.

Last edited:

reynolds357

Should be a fine firearm. My understanding the "mossad" marking means it was a pistol purchased by the Israeli Defense Forces.