Tampa Gun Show

Microgunner

Gun show is in Tampa this weekend. A couple of guys just stopped into our shop, said they'd just left the gun show without getting in due to the 2 hour wait to get in the door. And it's at a pretty big venue. WOW!

3StrikesNC

Guess what? I tried to get in to the Hickory, NC Gun Show today, couldn't get in!!

I've been going to this show 3 to 4 times a year for the last several years. This political climate has screwed the gun shows. I just wanted to go pick up ammo for my Mosin.

There was no parking for a half mile. Three hours after opening, I returned to find a parking spot. Got out and found a line a football field long along with a crowded lobby. Guy outside said you couldn't move inside, he said he gave up.

I turned around and left. Doubt there were many good buys.

:mad:

3StrikesNC

And then me and the bud went to the local Wally World to see what ammo they had. Same story, plenty of shotgun shells, probably less than 10 boxes of rifle ammo (other than .22).

Stimulus package is working :eek:. Guess I voted for the wrong party :rolleyes:.

BubbaFL

Same at the Wally World in Sanford - picked CLEAN! A lot of 7 1/2 birdshot, two or three boxes of rifle ammo, and one box of 357 Magnum. They did have a dozen boxes of 45 ACP and a giant pile of 40S&W.

3StrikesNC

Gonna try the show this morning.

I'll let you know. Weather sucks, raining hard and predicting snow.

I think my chance of getting ANY ammo at a reasonable $ is slim.

3StrikesNC

Walked in, not crowded at opening time.

Ammo was picked over bad. There was ammo, but not much and high $.

Since the end of December the price increases are dramatic. I hope this frenzy ends soon....

sks

Sorry guys! Same story here though. I went to Wally World and they had zero handgun ammo, excepting a couple boxes of .22lr. Even Cabela's had a shelf of 9mm 70% bare. Ouch!

Big gun show here in St. Charles the end of this month. I live close and plan on going both days.

I found some Winchester .45acp 230 grain at $175 for 500 rounds. Not the best but good enough for right now.

MagSxS

at WM here they're also out of a lot of stuff.
Out of .38 Special, almost out of .22LR - had lots of shotgun ammo though, to bad I don't have a shotgun (yet).

Then I went to a real gun shop, and they had plenty of .22LR, .38, and a number of other things that WM didnt have - go figure.

Flaman

It's been a while since this was originally posted, but as a follow up-the Tampa gun show was held again this weekend. I live about an hour south of Tampa, and I decided (against my better judgement) to take a ride there. It was indeed packed-and picked! The upcoming elections are driving fear, and fear is driving gun and ammo sales thru the roof!

Ive been getting tired of wasting my time (and my gas) trying to find deals at gun shows... It's not like it used to be. If someone shows up with a reasonably priced gun, its usually sold within 20 feet from the door. This is exactly why I started my website (see my signiture line)- I love gun shows, 'but I just got so tired of spending entire weekends waiting for the right deal to walk by me.

On a side note, my site is driving a ton of traffic, all because of the keywords gun and show. I think I actually picked a good time to launch it.

It has only been live for a very short time, and there aren't many guns posted yet, but the guns that have been posted are going fast-especially if they are priced right.
Guys... Please let me know what you think off my site, and let me know what you think of the concept. Hopefully it will give users the upper hand in finding gun show deals. Flaman

Jarhead 0311

Cape Coral show coming up next week. I may be selling.

I was selling at the Ft Myers show last month. Wall to wall both days but not as much action as you would expect. Small or cheap stuff did ok.

Jarhead 0311

About the same as usual. I spent some money, No great deals in what I was looking for and alot of guys are gonna go home with the stuff they brought with them.
I have no objection to a guy making a couple of bucks, but some of these guys are sharks. They should remember not all of us are rookies at this.

Dan