TALO Willy Clapp GP100 in BLUE

Viper225

I was at my local gun shop Monday with my brother. He ordered a new TALO Willy Clapp GP100 3" Stainless Steel revolver.

While the dealer had the gun listing up on the screen I was reading. I noticed a second listing for a Willy Clapp GP100.

1753 GP100 WC GPII 357 REV 3HB B

Listed as Allocated none in stock. The one my brother ordered has SS at the end, while the second listing had a B. This made me think this one might be Blued.

Do a Search for: GP100 1753

I looked it up at Lipsey's. Sure enough a second Willy Clapp GP100 3". This one with a Matte Blue Finish. The front sight was listed as a Novak Brass Bead. Other than that it looks to be the same as the Stainless Steel version.

Looks like I will have to start restocking my Gun Purchase Piggy Bank. I see a Blued one in my future.

Bob

RsqVet

I have the SS one, may buy another, of all the "current" 357's this is by far my favorite.

I hope they make it a stock item in a regular finish.

Viper225

I was doing a little studying on this. A standard 3" GP100 runs about $520.
It runs about another $120 to $140 for the Will Clapp inspired version on a good buy. What do you get for the extra money?

Novak front and rear sight set: $70 for the sights not installed.
The desirable Old Model Factory Compact Insert Grips. With some very good looking inserts to boot. Another $70 value.

What would make a standard current production 3" Fixed sight GP100 even better for a serious Concealed Carry piece?
Old Model Compact Grips.
Better sights.
Old Style Barrel without full shroud to lose some weight.
A Blued Version

Well I have not seen a prototype of the Blued version yet. We have atleast 3 out of 4.

With the Novak sights we have a real improvement over a standard 3" Gun. The sights are dovetailed on the gun, I am sure using the standard Novak Dovetail cut (.075 Depth X .125 Width). What does that mean? We have a rear sight that is driftable for windage fine tuning to a load. The front Novak sight can be changed out to any version made to fit the Novak Dovetail in just a few minutes. ( Sight Heights: .160, .175, .180, .190, .215, .225, and possibly other heights. Styles: Tritium, Fiber Optic, Gold Bead, Plain Blade, White Dot, Sight Blank, and others)

I had been planning on building on a standard 3" gun. I picked up a set of old model compact grips with plain inserts new in the bag for $75 a while back.
My next improvement was a Tritium front sight, probably an XS, or a Fiber Optic one. Then a $10 set of Wolfe springs and a little polishing that would need to done on any of them. The last improvement would be chamfering the chambers, again this needs done to any of them.

A little simple math would show that the WC GP100 is not that bad of a buy, if you were planning on a few improvements anyway.

Bob

RsqVet

Wow anyone want to give 70 for my clapp grips? I have them listed f /s at half that.

I prefer the monogrip