Talk me out of XD mod 2 .45

Slimjim9

Curious to hear the latest responses. I hear the Glock 30 mentioned a lot in the same breath as the XD mod 2. I'd love to shoot them side by side.

Lee6113

I'm looking at an XDs mod 2, or a single stack xds for my wife's concealed carry. We test fired it, worked great. Easy to control, good weight and size.

Last edited:

Ibmikey

Why should others care enough to talk you in or out of anything? As for an evaluation of the specific pistol listed i personally feel there are other pistols to fill the small concealable role in a better fashion. If you are that indecisive then you and the wife should fire other pistols before making the final decision.

Viper99

Normally speaking, you make these threads in order to hear from both sides the good and the bad or in some cases, alternatives.

However, it is now a done deal and is coming home next week.;)

Thanks for the responses.

Dirty_Harry

I'll take a Glock 30 all day long over these.

I cannot stand the thought of a grip safety on a carry gun.

Just my opinion and why I will never have an XD or 1911 for a defensive firearm.

dgludwig

^^^Interesting! The biggest reason I might choose an XD model over any Glock pistol is due to it having a grip safety. No accounting for taste and it's good that we have choices. :)

lee n. field

Talk me out of XD mod 2 .45
Any better alternatives in striker with the same capacity and conceal capability?

I shot a magazine worth through one at our club's open house this year. It worked just fine. And I'm one who's a fan of the XD.

Others to look at, obviously, would be Glock 30, as already mentioned.

Taurus probably has some that fit what you're looking for. Their autoloaders have never appealed to me, so I don't keep track of them.

Spats McGee

Administrator
Were it my $, I'd actually look a little closer at the XDm 3.8" Compact. Honestly, I don't know how much difference the 0.5" in barrel length would make, but I think I'd rather have the slightly longer barrel. . . (sayeth the man who has shot neither model). The XDm 3.8" is also slightly fatter, for whatever that's worth.

Viper99

Personally I don't mind the grip safety. 1911's have grip safeties too but you rarely hear any one say they not okay with it.

lee n. field

1911's have grip safeties too but you rarely hear any one say they not okay with it.

I see people nitpick about it.

With the XD's single action trigger, I'm happy to have the grip safety. Don't want one, don't buy one. More for the rest of us.