talk me out of an xd 45

STEVE M

Handled one today at the gunstore and it felt really good in the hand. It

was a lot trimmer than what I thought it would be. Have enough pistols for

all my used already (or so my wife says). So tell me some bad stuff about

these guns to talk me out it!

brnforce

I've got an XD .40 service and I love it. I'll start with the common probs that others have said.............
The finish can be a bit of a hassle without the Springfield waranty (I haven't had a problem with mine)
Some have had problems with FTF or FTE, but you get that with every manufacturer (I haven't had any)
and...........................
:confused:

:confused:

........Yep that's it. Great weapon, I love the feel.

BobK

No reason to talk you out of it. They are great guns at a great price. Yeah, this finish isn't as good as a Glock. But the ergonomics make up for it. At the local gunshops, the XD is out selling the Glock by a four to one margin. I've shot all the XD's in every caliber. I will be getting a XD 45 soon whether I need it or not.

JoeK

I've put 500 rds through my new XD45 in the last 3 weeks and have nothing but praise for it. It feels great in "my" hand and I've been almost as accurate with as I am with my Sig P229.

I'm impressed with the finish thus far, but this thing is still a baby regarding how many rds I've put down range with it. I'm sure I'll have more to say about it in a year or so.

Before I bought it, I had looked at and held various Glocks, the HK P2000, the Walter P99, the Sig 2022, and some other sigs. The XD45 felt the best for me. Caveat - The HK was my second choice, followed by the P99. I really liked the Glocks and would love to own one, but they just don't fit my hand as well.

BobK

To be honest, the finish is the last thing I worry about anyway. It's a tool. It can be repaired or refinished. You should see my Kimber. You could'nt tell by looking at it but it's a sweet shooter and my primary carry gun. The blueing is very worn and it looks worn out. But thats not the case at all. Just had a trigger job done on it and everyone that shoots it loves it. So do I. It has a little "character" to it.

dairycreek

Had mine slightly more than three weeks during which time I have put about 800+ rounds through it. All were 230 grain FMJ and the gun functioned flawlessly. Not a problem at all. Grip is slender to grasp but longer and that makes for some small difficulty in concealing it as the grip does stick out a bit.

Reliability has been 100% so far and as far as accuracy is concerned I must say that I am a victim of "aging eyes" so firing really, really small groups is just not going to happen for me. However, I can put all 14 rounds into a 9" picnic plate at 25 yards with no problem. So, if an angry picnic plate pops up to molest me I am ready.

Trigger is like that of a Glock with a somewhat cleaner break. Need to do some work on that and, when I do, will get back here. So, far? Love it and glad I bought it.

XD45MAG.jpg
[/IMG]

kgpcr

Buy one you will love it!! I have one and its a great pistol. I also just picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P and that is one sweeeet shooter. Smith hit one out of the park with this one!!!

STEVE M

You guys arn't much help, your suppose to be talking me out of it:rolleyes:

Already have a couple of Glocks (22 is my main work and CCW with a 27 for

back up) plus a custom SIG220 and a Kimber for 45's. Can't think of a role

for the XD to fill, but it sure does feel good.

springmom

Why?

The XD series are great guns. I have an XD-40 that I love. No problems. Sorry, if you're looking for bad mouthing, I don't have any to share.

However, if you use the SEARCH function, you can find all the myriad threads on XD's and can probably glean some negativity out of them.

Springmom

CajunBass

Ok. I'll give you a reason not to. Apparently it will cause some kind of problem between you and your wife, since she doesn't think you really "need" it. If that's the case you really shouldn't need us to "talk you out of it."

I like my XD-9. :D

O/U Mike

Local Dealer Show Special in IL

XD Package with 3 mags, holster, mag holder, mini-light, etc, etc. $499. Sounds like a deal. GAT Gun Factory Shoot & Show, Dundee, IL.

I am not an XD man, but if i were going to buy one it would be the XD45 tactical! with the 5" barrel, thats one sweet looking pistol. :D

oh sorry, you wanted me to talk you OUT of buying it..............

and the tactical one would cost more too..............

well just think of those starving kids in africa, or china, does that help? give them the money instead??????

My fiance said that if I bring one more new gun into this house, she's leaving.
I keep my new XD 45 in my car. 200 rounds today at the range (WWB FMJ 230 gr --Wallmart) and not a hiccup.
Two chokes with 100 JHPs -- more break-in.
Oh, sorry. You asked to be talked out of this pistola. Man, That's like tryin' to talk me out of sex or beer.
Buy it...resistance is futile.:cool:

Dan M.

The new XD .45 ACPs have a different finish, melonite I think, than previous generations. It's my understanding that this finish will start showing up on all new XDs soon.

MoW

whitenack---What's the recoil like on the 45?

Really(ouch)not(ouch)that(ouch)bad(dam n)!:D

andyw97234

pick it up

I recently picked up a few new handguns. The XD-45ACP and a Sig P220 (and a couple of others). I took three platforms to the range yesterday (5" Kimber 1911, XD-45, Sig P220). Honestly, I thought there would be a difference in my shot patterns. There wasn't a nickle's bit of difference. I shot all three to tennis ball patterns at 15 yards. (I was hoping one would stand out so I could pick a platform and stop being such a gun whore. I guess not.)

The XD feels good and has a decent trigger (better than my XD-40). A 45 ACP with a 13+1 capacity, what is not to like? Get it.

NDIrishjr

I'm new here but have frequented the board often. Having said that I purchased the XD .45 last week and have since fired around 400-500 rounds through it. And it is a great pistol(my opinion). I got the whole set-up for $479. Which isn't bad either.