Taking the Plunge

Shaun

Well, after years of avoiding them and skirting around what I've always felt was an obvious good gun and caliber....I dropped 489 dollars today on this, my first Austrico Platistico and my first 9mm.

Picture004.jpg

Teuthis

You got a nice one for sure. 17 rounds too! With two mags you could take on a small country. haha. Good shooting! A report on your experience and perceptions would be nice.

blind_shooter

Oh no not another. Who gave him the glock kool-aid??:eek: Well i just hope you know what your doing there with your fancy tupperware, dont want you developing a case of glock leg. Just kidding congrats I hope you enjoy your new pistol. only $489, was it used or new? let us know how it shoots and what you think of it

Nice purchase.

I bought my first Glock recently also. I went with your gun's baby brother...the G26. I now have two of them since I added the G33 to my collection as well.

They are great little beaters. They will never be my favorite guns but they are among my most trusted.

Silvanus

I hope you will enjoy your new Glock. I love my model 17. Went to the range yesterday for the first time with my brother. Of all my handguns (several S&W revolvers and a Browning HP) he shot my Glock the best. He never fired a gun before but he kept all his shots in the 8, sometimes 9-ring of a pistol target at 15 meters with it:eek:

Shaun

Range Report

Rainy today, so i went to the indoor range to try out the G17 for the first time. Shot 150 rounds total at various distances. Practiced double taps and mozambiques and all that but i just wanted to throw up a couple pics show you how the gun handled. I think it shot like a dream.

This was the very first target of the day, Slow fire (1 shot/sec), 2 magazines (34 rds) of 115g WWB at 10 yards.
Picture078.jpg

This was 5 rounds of 124g Federal Hydra Shok at 10yds, very slow fire, I thought maybe i missed one of the shots but there wernt any stray hits so i assume i hit air on one of the five. (Quarter for sizing)
Picture081.jpg

This was the last 50rds of the day at 10 yards, semi-slow fire, 25 rounds of WWB and 25 of Federal Hydra Shoks. I was letting the shot off as soon as the sights came back on target after recoil, I had gotten used to the trigger reset at this point and that really helped with accuracy.
Picture079.jpg

Overall I am super-pleased with the way the gun performed and with the price of ammo, 9mm is easy on the wallet to shoot. I wouldnt go so far to say I am a glock-snob (i did shoot my HK USPc today as well) but I am a fan of this gun.

cxg231

Shaun said:
This was 5 rounds of 124g Federal Hydra Shok at 10yds, very slow fire, I thought maybe i missed one of the shots but there wernt any stray hits so i assume i hit air on one of the five. (Quarter for sizing)

Picture081.jpg

Is it me, or do I see five holes here? I don't think you hit air. That center group looks like three holes to me, four if you count the hole partially attached on the upper right. :)

Magyar

Nice purchase & good shooting...I've never owned a "platistico" as you call it, but maybe in the future....:)

Van55

Congrats and nice shooting. That first target looks very much like the one I ended up with after shooting 25 rounds through a Glock 17 and 25 more through a Sig 229.