Take the Quiz!!

Miss Demeanors

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>The safest thing is not to keep a gun in the home, but
if you do, always unload it and lock it up.[/quote]

Notice how that sentence appears in every paragraph? Is that like subliminal messages or something?

Well it looks as if I am not safe LOL. Safe from criminals but not safe according to them. :rolleyes: Gee I never thought I could mistake my 5 year old daughter that is about three feet tall from a big ole bad guy that is 6 feet! Safety is one thing, and I agree with that point, but these people are way too paranoid if you ask me.

LawDog

Staff Emeritus
There's that bloody Kellerman statistic again: "A gun in the house is 43 times, blahblahblah". How many times do we have to drive a stake through this thing?

Hell, Kellerman himself has adjusted that stat! Get with the times, you morons!

:mad:

LawDog

J

Jeff, CA

None of the answers produce a positive result. At best, even when you answer the way they want, your family is determined to be "at risk".

USP45

9. I/we have a gun and it does have a safety mechanism on it.

In support of their answer it says...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>According to a 1993 national poll, 14% of all adults and 16% of all parents report knowing "a child who was found playing with a gun that was loaded." 12% of all
adults and 15% of all parents report knowing "a child who accidentally shot himself or herself with a gun."[/quote]

hmmm... 41,000,000 people know of a child who shot accidentally himself???

So did you hear the story about the woman driving home from work late one stormy night.

She goes through a toll booth and the toll collector starts saying, "Please, get out of the car, please get out of the car."

Fearing that the toll taker is trying to rape her, she speeds off. When she gets home, she pulls into her garage, looks up in her rear view mirror and sees an axe weilding killer in her back seat.

No Seriously, my brother-in-law has never lied to me yet.

------------------

~USP

"[Even if there would be] few tears shed if and when the Second Amendment is held to guarantee nothing more than the state National Guard, this would simply show that the Founders were right when they feared that some future generation might wish to abandon liberties that they considered essential, and so sought to protect those liberties in a Bill of Rights. We may tolerate the abridgement of property rights and the elimination of a right to bear arms; but we should not pretend that these are not reductions of rights." -- Justice Scalia 1998

Lavan

Quiz:

Do you keep a loaded gun on the coffee table?

Are the kids allowed to play with it while you are away?

Does the safety on your gun work? Have you pointed it at a loved one to test it?

Do you keep your illegal guns near the legal ones?

OkieGentleman

I noticed that there was no place to input anything about the false statements that they used. Can anyone out there hack the site and adjust their false statements? Not that I would advocate such a thing, it might be illegal. :)

bookkie

This test is a good example of propaganda... keep the lie simple and repeat it often..... Sooner or later the weak minded will believe it.

I have converted a couple of people over by the 43 to 1 stat. I proved to them that it was a lie and before I did I told them about the propraganda tech above. After I showed them that the 43 to 1 was a lie, I then asked them to keep their eye out for that stat. If they see it then they can be sure that most of the rest of the stuff is also garbage. They saw it so often that they now believe that there is a concerted effort to brain wash the US citizen. This really makes a fence sitter pissed, knowing that they are being brain washed.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Dennis Olson

I answered all TRUE except a single FALSE for # 8.

Hysterical. And I consider a "safety mechanism" to be the pistol's SAFETY. So I STILL might be able to qualify for a perfect ZERO.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My kids have had gun safety drilled into them since age 3 (14 and 16 now). They NEVER touch the house guns. Never did. Not once. And they are pretty damn good at the range... ;)

Too, too funny.

Apple a Day

"When someone is home, a gun is used for protection in fewer than two percent of home invasion crimes."
-What are these people arguing? More or less guns needed?

"Did you know that a gun is 43 times more likely to be used against a family member than to be used in self-defense? "
-The person who wrote this has never met my in-laws!

"85% of adults who don’t own guns feel less safe when others in the community acquire firearms."
- "Well, then, he shoulda armed himself" Clint Eastwood, Unforgiven.

------------------
Those who use arms well cultivate the Way and keep the rules.Thus they can govern in such a way as to prevail over the corrupt- Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Phil

I just found out I'm 5 times more likely to commit suicide because i own a gun. I feel so depressed.

Seronac

What a bunch of ridiculous, blatherous, propagandized dung!

I only answered the first question and was so disgusted I had to leave the site. Just because one has a gun in the home doesn't make it unsafe. Museums sometimes have guns in them, does that make them unsafe places?

I can think of several fallacies committed there:

CONVERSE ACCIDENT (hasty generalization). In writing a general rule from particular cases, you should be sure that those particular cases be general ones (having mutual elements of consistency) and not atypical. Therefore, when one comes up with a generalized rule based upon exceptional cases, this fallacy is committed. Example: Since opiates are helpful when treating terminal cancer patients, everyone should ingest narcotics. Example: Since highly skilled drivers can safely (but not legally) drive at speeds in excess of 90 mph, all drivers should be able to drive at that speed.

FALSE CAUSE (two varieties: post hoc ergo prompter hoc, and pro causa/non causa):

POST HOC ERGO PROMPTER HOC: this fallacy is committed when one mistakes what is not the cause of a given effect for its real cause. Example: From the fact that one observes two stones thrown flying through the air with similar trajectories and similar points of impact, it must follow that they were both thrown by a machine (or by a person).

PRO CAUSA / NON CAUSA: this fallacy occurs when one infers that one event is caused by the other from the sole fact that the first occurs earlier than the second. Example: Joe Shmow slammed a door and an earthquake occurred within ten minutes. Therefore, door-slamming causes earthquakes.

Pitiful...

Don Gwinn

Staff Emeritus
Morons. They didn't even try to account for the fact that I don't HAVE children. There's a loaded gun in the next room right now, and it's (gasp) unlocked! But I don't particularly care, 'cause I'm the only one here and the outside doors are locked. Idiots.

jones

Denis Olsen, you and I think alike! But I went back and put true just to piss off whomever is checking the list!
My home is a dangerous place. Please don't come in without asking.
All the guns are loaded, and all in the house know how to use them, even the kids.

------------------
jones
"permits, we don't need no stinking permits!"

ChrisMkIV

Any stat that they have posted on that list has been or can be discredited, that is the the most underhanded trick to pull on people who don't know any better.

------------------
"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law abiding deprived the use of them" --Thomas Paine, 1775

http://www.2ndamdlvr.homestead.com/home.html