Take care of your best friend!

velocette

Your best friend, that hunk of iron you carry around every day.
The friend that you believe will be there when you need it.
Make sure it will be there when you need it.
In addition to regular cleaning after practicing with it, (You DO practice with it don't you.) Your little friend needs to be detail stripped periodically by yourself or by a gunsmith to clean the dust bunnies, congealed oil, lint, mice, sand, rust and fingernail clippings out of the internal workins.
I know that you change ammunition at LEAST every year & more often in hot & humid, sweaty environments, then shoot up the old stuff in your next months practice, but you gotta remember to give your best friend a good thorough cleaning and lubrication periodically too.
This message is brought to you because I just cleaned my best friend and found some of the above living within its oily heart.

Roger

P5 Guy

The weather has been so bad here the past few days all my friends have had a bath.
I want some clear sunny days to get them dirty.

horselips

NOBODY in town has had any SD .22 Magnum ammo for quite some time, and I'm down to 25 rounds, so practice has been temporarily suspended until I can find some more. Nevertheless, my NAA Mini-Revolver is examined daily (fondled, dry fired, you get the idea) and cleaned regularly whether it needs it or not. And I don't have to hope it'll be there if, God forbid, I ever need it, because I KNOW it will be there. I never leave home without it.

Daggitt

Not sure what you are defending against but if you are using a 22 mag and short on ammo too , might consider upping your life insurance coverage with what you are saving on ammo.

Sevens

Did you actually find fingernail clippings inside your carry gun?!

Do you really think this is a normal thing that most others are likely to find? :p

biohazard313

i clean mine religiously at 200-250 rounds. sometimes less depending on what ammo i shooting and how much carbon buildup i see. with the weather so cold its been all indoor shooting for all of my babies. however i use a new oil thats been performing well on my rifles m7 pro. excellent stuff!