Tactical Light for HK USP Compact?

Hogballs

I would like to get a tactical light that will mount on my H&K USP Compact.

The one HK sells is $260!!!!

Does anyone know of another brand that will fit? SureFire and Scorpion (Streamlight) don't appear to make one...

Hog

Chindo18Z

Hogballs: Ditto for me (USPC .40). If I may be so rude as to squeeze in on this thread...Does anyone sell separate mounts (without the light) for Surefires or Scorpions? I already have the handheld lights. I would be interested in a mount/s that fit 1911, USP Compact, or CZ75. HK's tactical light is way overpriced!

ljlc

Ridiculously expensive since it is the same M3 light used on Glocks (apprx $130) with HK logo on it! To be fair, the controls might be slightly different, but not any better. Go to a gun store and see if the M3 fits on a HK. My UTL fit on a Glock.

ljlc

SKN

UTLs

The M3 will _not_ fit the HK USP.

If you're looking to fit it for a USP compact make sure you get a UTL II. It will fit both the full size and compact whereas the UTL I will only fit the former.

I have a UTL mounted on a USP 40F and on a 45C. Best points are that it's compact, a open carry holster is readily available either stock or by modifying a nylon holster, the light is more focussed and the controls are well designed. Worst points: the cost, the filament for the bulb has been known to be fragile (buy spares) and it doesn't produce as much light as the SureFire mount.

Best prices I've seen ($190 or so) are from Cal's Sporting Armory at http://www.calssportingarmory.com but the HK Accessories link for that site is currently down.

bk40

shop around

I got my UTL 2 for $175 last month. Also saw an ad on either hkpro.com or parkcitiestactical.com where a company was selling them for $159.

H&K Fan

I like mine but then again I lucked out and got it cheaper than any price already mentioned on this thread. Yes, the bulbs are fragile but it works well and I like the option of either/or on the switch (i.e. on or momentarily on). Also as mentioned above the UTL II is the one to get if you own a full and compact size USP.

ATTICUS

Tac light

You might want to email these guys and talk to Marc. They are a tactical/security supply company and they are usually pretty competitive on price. I bought a UTLMKII from them and am very happy with it. I shopped around quite a bit and found that it was going to be expensive addition regardless of the brand name, so I ended up going with the one that was made for the pistol and I don't regret that decision now. SPC@BELLATLANTIC.NET
Marc Wollman
PO BOX 136
Forked River NJ
office 732/286-9868

revrat

New member!! First post!! WWWWOOOOOHHHHHOOOOO!!!

I have the USP tactical light to go with my USPC 40, and I doubt that I will ever use it. I will sell it for $140 if anyone is interested. I bought the gun used(for exactly 40 rounds) and the light came with it. It does hang out a little past the muzzle, so if you shoot much with it, I would assume it would get pretty dirty. I have the original box(with $255 price tag still on it) and the manual to go with it. If any one is interested, email me at lingcodkiller@hotmail.com

Take care,
revrat