T/C venture

homesick

Any one have experience with the T/C Venture rifle
Good or bad.
They seem to offer a lot of features for a low end rifle.

taylorce1

I had one in .270 Win, MOA all day long with good ammo reloads or factory with its 5R rifling. Stock was very ergonomic and was comfortable to shoot, and it had a good trigger. Light enough to not be a burden when carrying all day on a mountain hunt.

I would have liked a 5 round magazine instead of the 3 round, but it wasnt a deal breaker. What I didn't like was the bolt handle seemed to short and it might be a bit difficult to manipulate if wearing gloves or trigger mittens. The other was the forend was extremely flexible when slinging up or loading a bipod.

I think it is as good as any of the other sub $500 rifles that a lot of other people suggest as they have a lot of the same stock issues. Plus with the rebates TC offers usually makes this rifle one of the most affordable out there. Just don't expect much aftermarket parts for the rifle, but it shoots well enough you won't really need to change a thing.

Tom68

Same here, in .270 Win. I still have it, a foul-weather backup to my M70 also in .270. Stock does feel flimsy but it is solid accurate until the barrel gets too hot.

Lohman446

I have one in .243. Sub MOA with multiple Federal loads and I have not tried anything else with it. Bolt throw is a little stiff but acceptable. The magazine "is what it is" and not overly impressive but functional.

If I was picky there are a couple things I don't love on it but at the price point it seems to be a good selection for my uses. If I dropped it in the creek tomorrow I would be annoyed and likely replace it with the same thing.

Had a few---still have a .223---all have been good rifles----the others were traded off to upgrade to something else but I really didn't need to.

reynolds357

Its not really a low end rifle anymore. It a mid tier. Very accurate. They got a bad rep because the early production had so many recalls.

Bamashooter

Mine is a 30-06 topped off with a Burris FF2 scope. The trigger is fantastic and I dont think the stock is that bad. Certainly better than a RAR stock. When I went to sight in the scope my very first group with Hornady American Whitetail 150gr ammo was 1/2". It has shot many sub-moa groups since then all with the Hornady ammo. I had some 155gr SMK handloads that wouldnt shoot under an inch but put some cheap Hornady ammo in it and watch it go. I noticed my bolt smoothing out the last trip she went to the range. I think its a much better rifle than it gets credit for. I love mine.

homesick

I ordered one in 243 Win through the store I work at got it yesterday. I checked all screws stock screws were tight but scope bases were loose. Went to range today 3 shots to sight in. 1st group was 1 1/4" Win 100 gr second group was Fed premium 100 gr same results. shot 6 groups smallest 3/4" largest 1 1/4". Trigger needs a bit of work as it has a bit of creep, other then that it's very thing I wanted. I have an Axis in 22-250 that shoots very good but is not as smooth and as well balanced as the Venture.
Now I need to find a picatinny rail for it. I'm rigging up a night hog, coyote rifle.

fourbore

The trigger is fully adjustable. You have to pull the gun out of the stock and remove the sealer from the adjusting screws. I believe there is a you tube on that. I dont own one myself, but; this would be my first choice among the savage/ruger similar offerings.

Bamashooter

The trigger on mine is as good a trigger as I've ever shot with. I did watch a video on taking the bolt apart and took mine apart and cleaned and oiled it right after buying it.