T/C Pro Hunter rifle and slug guns

pabuckslayer08

Ok guys, Ive been kicking the idea around I want to get a Pro Hunter, The single shot doesnt really worry as Ive never really needed multipe shots while using my other slug gun. One thing I do want to know about these guns is how is the hammer and safety on these guns. Once in stand can you pull the hammer back and activate a safety or dont these guns have a safety. Once they are cocked they are on fire, that worries if its this way because I just hate to cock a rifle and then hang it in my tree.

mikejonestkd

Encores have an internal hammer block, but do not have an external safety of any kind. Do not cock the hammer until you are ready to shoot. Be safe

pabuckslayer08

Ok, thats kind of odd then. Even my Pursuit ML has a external safety lock. I still am interested in this gun just do to the accuracy id imagine that the inline slug gun should have. I guess if I have time to take the safety off on a regular gun Id have time to cock the hammer on a T/C

pabuckslayer08

So, does anyone have any reviews on this gun. I am wanting to get the 20ga slug barrel for it so I can hunt with it at a privite land area here in Pa where only slug guns are allowed as well as for My early and late season Illinois Hunting trips. Then I was leaning towards getting 22-250 or .204 Ruger barrel for hunting ground pigs and predators and eventually getting a 280 barrel for it for hunting big game.

rdmallory

Warning::::

They can be habit forming.

I have 45-70 (20" ported) Deer and Hogs.
17HMr Varmints.
22LR Plinking
20gauge vent rib with Turkey choke
209-50 BP Deer

Getting a 5.7x28 barrel.

Selling off my pistol stock never shot it as much.

Doug

BODAME

TCs

Encore - Pro Hunter TCs are excellent rifles.
I no longer Hunt, but the TC is the only Hunting Gun I kept in the collection.
That should tell you how Attached I am to my TCs.

mikejonestkd

A quick review on TC encores:

They are a well made and versatile hunting rifle that can easily be converted to a shotgun or a pistol. Accuracy is generally excellent and they are very addicting. I now have a whole small safe filled with barrels for mine.

pabuckslayer08

Alright guys, thanks alot. I will start my shopping for prices, what price do you think I can get on just the slug gun to start. I see msrp from T/C is 899.99. Then Im going to top it with a Nikon shotgun scope, im not sure what bases and rings yet but anyone have any suggestions. Also what all finishes do the slug guns come in. Im either leaning towards getting the synthetic stock with silver barrel then getting a matte black base and rings with matte scope. I could also match the barrel with stainless bases and rings and scope. Any one have any input

BODAME

TCs

This is the TC stuff I kept when I stopped hunting a few years ago.
One SS Action
Camo 12GA Turkey Barrel Camo Stk/Forearm & Barrel
SS MuzzleLoader Barrel Woodgrain Stk/Forearm
SS 25-06 Barrel Swarovski Scope Woodgrain Stk/Forearm
Note:Be carefull TC Barrels are like Shotguns, they Multiply.