T/C Impact sight in and review

tynimiller

Okay, I posted what seems like forever ago that I decided to buy the new affordable Thompson Center 50cal Impact for the days I actually decide to trek into the woods with a gun and not my bow.

I finally got to shoot it yesterday. I'll admit this isn't typical of me but I used no bore sight, never even shot the thing with stock fiber optics. I simply mounted the Redfield 3x9 scope I bought for it and loaded it up.

I was using the load T/C recommends which is their own T/C 250grn Schockwave sabots (which from all forums/sources I've found are the same as the Hornady SST sabots). I was using 100grains of Triple7 powder as well.

I was sitting prone with gun propped on bench & corn bag at about 54yards away from target.

My first shot was 8 inches low of the target I was holding. So the 1/4in per click ment I needed 32 clicks. Did that, and then 2 clicks to right, as it was just a hair left.

Swobbed, shot 2nd shot. Now just about an inch low but dead center. Did 5 clicks up, swobbed and shot 3rd shot. Bullseye! Well within a half dollar of dead center.

I continued to swob and shoot 5 more times and I'd say you could put a styrofoam cup over all 5 shots...COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I've never had this much luck, this quick at sighting in a gun before in my life! Let alone one that I just put a scope on.

Needless to say, it's obvious the little Impact has the capability to be just as accurate as any other. I'm a happy camper with this one. It's price tage, ease of cleaning, T/C construction and warranty and superb accuracy make this a great purchase without killing the pocket!

Just thought I'd share. Sorry didn't take a picture of the target...if ran doesn't destroy it today I'll snap one tonight.

arcticap

The TC Impact is a winner.
It shoulders good, shoots good and the price is right.
Thanks for sharing your report about it. :)

Last edited: