T/C Icon

bigbird34

Hello folks, I am thinking that this new ICON form T/C would be a nice gun to have ....maybe to shoot,maybe to collect ??? I have read that the 30T/C will out perform the .308 Win,and is 100FPS faster than a 30-06 ! Does anyone own one ?
TIA Jim

JasonNC

I own an Icon, and absolutely love it. I bought mine in .308. Just shot it for the first time last week. So, far all of my groups are less than 1" at 100 yards shooting 165 grain federal fusions. I know a lot of folks have said that the rifle is too heavy; however, I do not believe that to be true. I have not weighed the rifle, but to me its not any heavier than my Remington CDL or Weatherby Vanguard. I personally like the butterknife bolt handle, and the wood is absolutely gorgeous. The trigger came from the factory set at 2.9 pounds. My only gripe is the detatchable magazine which is plastic, which Im sure they did in an attempt to lose some weight. Other than that, the rifle is awesome. I cant give you any feedback on the .30T/C right now. I just bought a .30T/C barrel for my encore, but I havent mounted a scope on it yet. Hope this helps.

mikejonestkd

Like most of us, I drooled over the Icon when the gun magazines reviewed it and eagerly anticipate getting my hands on an actual production rifle to see if it is as good as the one submitted for the articles.

I have always liked TC products and they have a great rep for well made products.