T/C Classic .22LR Semi-Auto Rifle

dalpra

Has anyone seen or shot one of these new rifles from T/C? I haven't been able to find any in Northern California. Any inputs or experiences appreciated. TIA.

griz

I've only seen pictures of it but do have a question. In the ad it looks like the safety if in "fire" mode when it's toward the rear. Anybody know if it is? It looks like a nice gun but a "backwards" safety is a pet peeve of mine.

dalpra

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by griz:
I've only seen pictures of it but do have a question. In the ad it looks like the safety if in "fire" mode when it's toward the rear. Anybody know if it is? It looks like a nice gun but a "backwards" safety is a pet peeve of mine.[/quote]

I just checked a recent ad with a color photo, and the red dot is forward, the black dot rearward.

dalpra

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by griz:
Thanks Dalpra, that's what I thought.
If I may be nosey, what does dalpra mean?
[/quote]

Griz,
Dal Pra is my last name. In answer to your next question, Italian. Cheers.

Dennis

dalpra

I spoke to a T/C dealer at the Cow Palace gun show today regarding the Classic. They were told the gun would become available September 1, but their distributor hasn't found any yet. They have shot the rifle and claim it is extremely accurate (in addition to being handsome). According to them, T/C delayed release to resolve some accuracy issues with a few brands/types of ammo. Supposedly, the issues have now been resolved. List price is $335, but I was quoted a street price of $295 by another dealer.