Swift Scopes

JBP

I'm on the waiting list at the local gun shop for the new Ruger 10/22 Magnum. I'm looking at different scopes and just got an e-mail from E. Arthur Brown on two different Swift scopes: 6-18X44mm, Includes SunShade/Target Knobs - $129.95; 4-12X50mm, Top Quality All Around Hunter - $144.95

I've never heard of this scope before. Anyone familiar with them?

They've been around since the '80s and still have trouble squeezing into the market. I have a Swift 15x60 telescope which I bought back in the mid '80s. It has double images even though I sent it to the factory warranty station. Don't know if the scopes are any better. My last rifle scope and spotting scope are both Leupold.

wolfz

I've used Swift scopes on everything from a .44 Redhawk to a .300Mag with nary a problem (well except for the time I rested my T/C .44 on the top of my truck bed without support, but then the same day I trashed a T/C scope, OK I'm slow to learn). Bottom line they make scopes in the same price range as Tasco, Simmons, and B&L, but at higher quality. Also, they replaced my "shaken" scope with a new one without a comment.