sweet load

4runnerman

:D:D First off i want to thank all those that help a new guy along the way. After asking a lot of questions and lots of expirementing i have found 2 loads that i put in the sweet range. I was all over the target untill i had one of those (DUH) moments. I put the gun in a vise and found out what every one with the exception of me knew.It's not the load but the shooter that is at fault in my case. I found that a Hornady 200 HP/XTP with 5.2 gn Tightgroup and a Hornady 230 HP/XTP with 4.6 gn Tightgroup both OAL of 1.23 shot the bullseye out of target at 25 yards. My Targets are small ( i downloaded them and print on computer 8.5 x 11 paper).I would say groups are 1.5 inches. Knowing this now i can spend the rest of my life learning proper trigger squeeze and stance,ect,ect. At that point in time it went from ( I SUCK) to man do i have a lot to learn.
Thanks Again to all that helped alone the way.

Ksmoker

targets

Take your targets to a copy shop & do them in black & white, they are cheaper that way especially if the shop is running a special like maybe .04 cents each.

mongoose33

My targets? 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper. I draw a small circle or square in the middle with a marker.

If I were *really* cheap I'd find to-be-recycled paper and use that.

In fact, now that I think of it, I believe I'll use reports to be thrown out, flip the pages over, and draw my circle or square.

abber

Take your targets to a copy shop & do them in black & white, they are cheaper that way especially if the shop is running a special like maybe .04 cents each.

I love the shoot-n-c targets, and Wal-Mart sells em at a fair price.

mrawesome22

Cheap targets.

Unfold all your old beer and pop cases. Then draw little circles with a sharpie, or you can buy those stick on orange dots. El cheapo!

USCG

dirty bird

I know the academy near me (SE Texas) sells them, but the dirty bird targets are the reactive one like the shoot n'see, but you staple them up instead of stickers, and they are much cheaper typically than the shoot n'see, you should be able to get the 8" round 25 pack for $10 or so. I usually use those for rifle, if you go to walmart or your local sporting goods store they should have standard black and white pistol/ rifle targets.

those orange stickies are good too, but everybody has their own flavor!

(fruit is also a lot of fun if you can get away without the range people catching you, and it is much more gratifying watching something blow up haha)

4runnerman

Yes we have a copy machine and i do use it.I guess my main point was that i have found my sweet load thanks to all your guys help.The point was i was lookng for a sweet load and by me just loading and shooting i was not finding it.Putting my gun in a vise gave me the answer i needed,It is not the load that was at faulter,it was me.I have a long ways to go to be as good as most of you people are. I want to do the comp shooting and cowboy shooting,but im 48 and i think i will be 58 by the time im good enough to compete with most of you.

Jbotto

everyone must have this. a deck of cards that has less than 52. use the colored back for your target if you just need a spot. And if you are doing groups, NOTHING is cooler than having an Ace of Spades with a three-clovered hole on it tacked to your work bench.