Sweet! Double Tap .380 now available!

Erich

Well, I just ordered some of Mike McNett's 95-grain FMJ .380 for the P232. It's advertised as doing 1085 fps from a Bersa and 975 fps from a Kel-Tec (which is really smoking from a Kel-Tec - they tend to chrono about 150 fps slower than that with "regular" factory ammo). All within SAAMI specs - got to love it. :)

http://www.doubletapammo.com/php/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_62&products_id=235

You know how I like the idea of an adequately penetrative round. I feel secure this will do the job (heck, the regular .380 ball works), and I look forward to trying it out.

I also got some of his 180-grain Gold Dot hollowpoints for my .40 P239. They're advertised at 1050 fps from a 3.5" tube, so we'll see how they do out of my SIGarms pistol.

McNett's chrono reporting has always been accurate according to my readings - and I've fired a mess of his 10mm. I'm looking forward to seeing how the new .380s do - apparently they're just flying off the shelves out there in UT. By the way, you can now buy Double Tap through Midway (though not the "next year's model" .380 loads yet), and you may soon be able to buy it through Sportsman's Warehouse. :)

I'll keep you posted. ;)

Magyar

Erich, I always thought you were a Seecamp sort of guy....:D
Thanks for the heads-up, with this terrible heat here in Southern N.M., my Levi's pocket is wearing thin, but happy, with my PPK....:) Right now,
I've been carrying Win. Silvertips for the top 2 and the remainder FMJ....

Erich

Never owned a Seecamp, though I was given a Rohrbaugh for my anniversary a couple of years ago. I have shot Seecamps, but have thought them too short in the barrel to light my fire.

David, I'm sure he can get his own. :) I'm already planning on giving a box to a good friend.