Swede?

onthedrums

I have looked at lots of milsurp sites and can't seem to locate a Sweedish mauser anywhere.I'd really like a 38 but any 6.5X55 would do.I know I've been on 15 or 20 sites looking.Can someone help me locate this rifle?
Thanks

2002gti

these guys http://www.samcoglobal.com/rifles.html have barreled actions only for $169 with your choce of m38 or m96. swedes are getting pretty tough to find but you can always find a couple on gunbroker, expect to pay over $200 and closer to $300-350 for a nice one. i managed to snag a pretty decent m96 off gunbroker 4 or 5 months ago for $185. good luck

Wildalaska

Heres the skiny:

in order of collectibility (and appoximate cost) of standard swedes:

1. original M41 Snipers--$2000 +/-
2. Original M41B snipers---1500 +/-
3. School 94 Carbines---1000 +/-
4. 94 naval Carbines----1000 +/-
5. 94-14 Carbines-----750 +/-
6. M38s-----350-500
7. M96-38----300-400
8. M96----150-400

With variations in the categories depending on year, maker etc.
With the exception of M41s and M41Bs, cost presupposes matching numbers. On M41s and m41bs, all the FC parts should match. Non matchingness (nice word) may increase value depending on provenace of the rifle...like a non matcher with SA stamps...regardless, the FC parts, barrel and rec should match, except in 96-38s where a rebarrel is correct.

My personal thing (owning a 38, 41B and now a 94-14) isfor the rifle to be "correct" and shoot well. we will soon see on the 94

M38s are in high demand becasue of the tunred down bolt. Try to get a 1943, they are finished better, but that is not a hard and fast rule.

heres some guns for you

1. M38

2.Nice but bit spendy 96.It is matching though, which is a plus

3.Go the Whole Hog on this 94!!

If I handt just splurged on a 94-14, Id go for number 1!

WildnordicAlaska

racenutz

5. 94-14 Carbines-----750 +/-

I took another look at the 94-14 my local dealer has & I looks like the bolt matches the reciever but nothing else does. With that & a nicely refinished stock would you say it'd still be worth $600?

Tom2

Big money

I have always found the price of those little carbines hard to swallow. I would like someone to comment on how they are to fire with that short barrel, or if they are just considered a non shooting collectable. Would expect maybe a fierce muzzle blast like a short barrel Mosin Nagant? That price would probably be about normal for those guns. PRobably as good as you will see if you really want one. I for one prefer the 24 inch barreled later guns but own a full length correct rifle.

2002gti

i couldnt bring myself to spend that much. im from the school of thought that id rather have quantity. for $600 id much rather have 2 or 3 m96's

jefnvk

I was just at a gunshow today. They had three nice looking Swede m96 for $175-195. A bit pricier one for $295. An M38 for $295.

But then again, one genius had a m96 for $750

Wildalaska

I took another look at the 94-14 my local dealer has & I looks like the bolt matches the reciever but nothing else does. With that & a nicely refinished stock would you say it'd still be worth $600?

Nope.......hold out for a better one....

I have always found the price of those little carbines hard to swallow. I would like someone to comment on how they are to fire with that short barrel, or if they are just considered a non shooting collectable. Would expect maybe a fierce muzzle blast like a short barrel Mosin Nagant?

Actually they are a dream to shoot, a very accurate. Hope mine is! Price of course reflects scarcity of unbubbaed, unmodified ones.

WildswedeAlaska