sw9f springs

zachkuby87

Where can I get new ones? I purchased a used sw9f for 100 bucks a little while back and the other day I completely stripped it down and found out the po watches to many youtube videos on how to lighten trigger pull. The pigtail spring is gone and the other is replaced with what looks like a pen spring. The pistol still fires I ran 200 rounds through and hd 2 ftf's though. So where can I get new springs? Or should I send it off to s&w to have it gone through to be safe?

I'm sure brownells would sell them, maybe wolff has some too. 100$ is awesome for a sigma, especially an F variant. The F models, although a bit more troublesome (cracked frames and broken strikers, if yours currently has neither problem as of now then your probably good to go) have much better triggers and are a bit more accurate too.

carguychris

Call S&W customer service. If these are minor, inexpensive parts (<$20), which they probably are, S&W will probably send them to you for free. They have never charged me for anything that cost less than ~$25. :)

zachkuby87

Sweet do you think I should have someone a little more knowledgable take a look at it and mke sure there aren't any other problems caused by a self proclaimed gunsmith?

carguychris

...do you think I should have someone a little more knowledgable take a look at it and mke sure there aren't any other problems caused by a self proclaimed gunsmith?
IMHO you should call S&W and explain your predicament. I'm just about positive they will still work on an SW9F (the SW9M is another matter, but I digress ;)). If they're in a good mood, they may send you a shipping label. If they don't, you'll probably have to pay $40-$60 to ship it to them- it must go Next Day Air- but since you only have $100 in the gun, IMHO you'll still come out way ahead. :cool: