sw9f springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachkuby87

Ok so I installed a belt clip on my pf9 earlier and while I was at it I decided to mess around with my other pistols I took my sw9ve apart and removed the sear assembly and polished everything up real nice because I've been pulling the trigger over and over literally thousands of times with snap caps and it still felt like there was sand paper in there with gum stuck to it. It was that bad.well once all polished up its nice and smooth but still way heavier than my older sw9f that I bought used a few months back. so I took the sw9f apart to compare them and see what the big deal was well what I found was just stupid. When I pulled the sear assembly out the pigtail spring is gone and the other spring was replaced with what looks like a spring out of a pen. just to confirm I brought it to my gf who literally knows nothing about guns at all with just the part not telling her it was out of a pistol and asked what does that spring look like? she goes its a pen spring isn't it? Well I'm not very happy and I'm wishing I would've taken the gun down completely prior to buying because I asked if it had been modified in anyway and the guy said no not at all and he was the original owner. I've run 200 rounds through the sw9f and its had 4 ftf's I'm wondering if these springs could be the cause. How should I go about replacing these springs? Contact S&W and ask for new springs or should I send it in for a checkup? Maybe aftermarket? I don't know what to do here at all. If I sent it in would they cover cost since it has been modified or?

Status
Not open for further replies.